Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tips for healing acne scars? page

dirk41 is online now Senior Member

tips for healing acne scars?

Primal Fuel
    Going paleo has virtually eliminated my acne. My face is about 95% free of inflammation. However, I still have some blotches of reddish/brownish/darkish skin from where I used to have acne (and from where I used to pop pimples). I've tried applying coconut oil to my face at night. This seems to help some, but I think I've reached a point where it isn't doing much anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions? Would castor oil help?

Edit: I tried the suggestion of someone on these boards of dandelion ropt tea. Haven't really noticed much effects from that.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Rosehip seed oil. That stuff is amazing for reducing redness. It has a slight orangish tint to it, so I've used it at night before going to bed. In the morning, there is a noticeable improvement.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Rosehip's great. So is sea buckthorn oil. Weleda makes a great line of body oils that don't smell "perfumey", they just smell like whatever oil is in them, and the carrier oil is sesame so it's great on the skin. I love their sea buckthorn oil. You can also just buy it plain.

BeatlesFan is offline Member
    Nothing you can do; you (and I) are screwed. I have just learned not to give a ****

statikcat is offline Senior Member
    Have you seen a dermatologist? When I was a teenager I had mild issues that occasionally got fairly bad. My parents took me to a dermatologist and he gave me a prescription pill that pretty much 100% got rid of it. I forget what exactly it was. Once I got older and moved out I stopped taking it and the issues returned though slowly throughout my early 20s it became less of an issue but still popped up occasionally. Since I started eating healthy around 5 years ago I really do not have issues at all anymore. So aside from eating healthy, ignoring the issue (a big help), I would see a doctor.

I also found the more stuff I put on my face the worse. Lotion, over washing, was all terrible for my complexion (this fits into ignoring the issue - dont let it be on your mind 24/7). Your face's worst enemy might simply be your attention. Also I noticed scrub washes were often followed by issues.

dirk41 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by statikcat View Post
    Have you seen a dermatologist? When I was a teenager I had mild issues that occasionally got fairly bad. My parents took me to a dermatologist and he gave me a prescription pill that pretty much 100% got rid of it. I forget what exactly it was. Once I got older and moved out I stopped taking it and the issues returned though slowly throughout my early 20s it became less of an issue but still popped up occasionally. Since I started eating healthy around 5 years ago I really do not have issues at all anymore. So aside from eating healthy, ignoring the issue (a big help), I would see a doctor.

I also found the more stuff I put on my face the worse. Lotion, over washing, was all terrible for my complexion (this fits into ignoring the issue - dont let it be on your mind 24/7). Your face's worst enemy might simply be your attention. Also I noticed scrub washes were often followed by issues.
    Was this pill for acne or for acne scars? Because I've been to the dermatologist before for acne and the pills prescribed worked for a little bit then stopped (plus they were antibiotics).

roberbunch is offline Junior Member
    It has a slight orangish tint to it

patski is offline Senior Member
    Emu oil. eBay that ish.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    I have had some success (not 100%) with Vitamin E oil (or lotions with E in them). Seems to help, anyway. Also, my skin is remarkably healthier since I began supplementing with K2. I use Carlson's (Amazon.com: Carlson Labs Vitamin K-2, 5mg, 180 Capsules: Health & Personal Care).

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I wish I knew some natural remedies, but I had the same experience as you, my skin is MUCH clearer after going primal (and, coincidentally, once I stopped using products meant to treat acne). I started using a day cream from Alba Botanica (Buy Alba Botanica Natural Even Advanced Sea Lipids Daily Cream & More | drugstore.com). I wanted to try this cream because it was one of the very very few day creams you can find without SPF, and it turns out that whatever it has in it to even skin tone did wonders for my hyper-pigmentation from old acne. FWIW I liked their face wash too...
    Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
    Pre-preg weight: 130
    Current: 145 (eek!)
    Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
    Started Primal in May '12.
    My Blog
    Join the Revolution!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast