Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I thought primal meant no colds?! page

Pilatesmom is offline Member

I thought primal meant no colds?!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I woke up with a sore throat and feel awful. I thought going primal meant I would have better immunity! I am very disappointed. I can only think that drinking over the weekend despite food intake being primal was the culprit. At least this time I won't push it and hit the gym. I plan to relax, drink tea and stay as primal as possible. I am looking forward to some chicken soup that's for sure.

Who said improved health meant no illness ever? It's a cold. It happens.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    the rare times i get sick it's mild
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Ellie_Miller is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Who said improved health meant no illness ever? It's a cold. It happens.
    +1

abstractpersona is offline Senior Member
    My terrible blood pressure might be gone with primal eating, but you can bet 3 nights of poor sleep or high stress will bring it back.

In other words: there's more to health than eating primal. Plus if I recall correctly from your posts that you've only been primal for one month? You're being a bit hasty, no?

Jeez.

My boyfriend only had one cold each year since we've been primal, and all his life he got colds every month. But primal results are different depending on the person. We're all different.

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Primal clearly failed you forever. Give it up and embrace the bread!

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    It could be the drinking. Every time I have the slightest amount of chocolate I end up sick. Mostly because it leads to more chocolate but for the most part it wouldn't be any more than what a night of drinking would do.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Pilatesmom is offline Member
    Go back to bread - ouch, that's harsh!

I enjoy this way of eating and have done well with it so far. My 20% is alcohol and the occasional night out up way later than I should have been. I bet that is what did it. It's "just a cold" for me means I have to take time off work since being in the health industry no one wants to workout with a trainer that is sick. So colds = less money. I think for that, I am entitled to complain. Also, I didn't realize that the longer your doing this meant it was more ingrained in your body, one month might not seem long, but my body already rejects deviations such as too much sugar if I have a treat too big or sweet or anything bread or pasta like.

I'll second that the longer you do this, the better you'll feel. It's about your overall health. Primal won't turn you invinceable. You'll still bleed if cut, bees can still sting you. But overall you'll be on a better path.

Don't know if alcohol per se would be the culprit, but a late night out sounds like you could be pushing yourself too hard after a tough work schedule, lowering immunity. Be judicious and get your sleep, keep eating well, and hope you get over this soon.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    joo must be VUHN HUNDRET PERCENT COMPLIANCE!

no but seriously. sleep. you'll be fine in a few days

and if you don't want to get sick again.............

sleep. and wash your hands.
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast