Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Use the Primal Blueprint Journals Forum page

Mark Sisson is offline Administrator

How to Use the Primal Blueprint Journals Forum

Shop Now
    This forum is the place to make your own personal Primal Blueprint health challenge public. Define it, make it public and commit to a healthier lifestyle.

Then start your own "Primal Challenge Journal" to track your progress over the next 30 days and beyond.

To start a "Primal Journal" just begin a "New Thread" in this forum, Primal Blueprint Journals. Make the Topic Title "Primal Journal (your handle/username)".

For example, mine would be:

Primal Journal (Mark Sisson)

Here are some great examples of forum users keeping journals:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Diana-Renata-*

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...FlyNavyWife%29

Here are some ideas on what you could include in your journal:

1. "Dailies". Simply list the Primal meals you've eaten throughout the day to track your own progress and to share your choices with other Grokkers.

Example:

Day 10: Primal Food Intake Today:

B: Eggs + Spinach, Peppers, Onions, 2 strips of Bacon

S: Almonds + Green Tea

L: Beef Patty w/Lettuce, Tomato, + 1 round slice of pineapple

S: Almonds + Green Tea

D: Beef Stir fry w/Red Onions, Yellow Peppers w/Mixed Greens + Sunflower seeds

2. Exercise routine

Add "WOD" to your "Daily".

Example:

WOD: 100 burpees for time (10 min. 10 sec.) and walked for about an hour around neighborhood

3. Any other musings regarding your challenge, your choices and achieving your goals.

Let's Get Primal!
    Last edited by Mark Sisson; 09-20-2010 at 09:05 AM.

Jennifer B is offline Junior Member

First Day on the Challenge

This AM I went out for a run/walk - 3 miles. Followed by a Pilates Mat Class.

Not hungry throughout the day. Had a handful of Wasabi Wow nut mix from Trader's Joe's. Followed by pecans (about 1/4 cup.)

1 egg with 3 tablespoons egg whites, mushrooms, turkey and a couple of no-nitrate bacon.

Salad

Oh! Plus 2 cups black coffee in the morning.

StartingOver is offline Junior Member
    Day 21: Am just now starting my Primal Journal. I think it will help me stay in tune with what I'm doing on a daily basis and connect me to other Primals. My significant other is willing to eat the meals I make (the Primal way) but is not interested in cutting grains/sugars/processed foods from his diet, so he adds what he wants. Makes it a bit challenging but I can do this!!

B: Skipped breakfast today. I had slept in and wasn't hungry till noonish. Had four small conventional sausage patties and a cup of reg coffee with a little whole (conventional) milk.

D: A grilled chicken thigh, skin on, baked fresh asparagus with garlic salt and a big salad with evoo. And another cup coffee/milk. Taking leftovers for lunch tomorrow

I'm about to go walk our two dogs and then I will try my hand at rowing sprints for the first time. I only started PBF two days ago and am excited to see improvements in my body composition and strength!

bnedguy is offline Junior Member
    I have been fascinated by this ever since I started reading it about a month ago. I started reading Primal Blueprint and have come to the conclusion that this well researched tome really calls to me. Due to my diagnoses of Diabetes Type II about a year ago, I was already seeking to lower my carb intake, but had not done it seriously. Reading about the severe reduction in carbohydrates in this diet really seemed to make more sense than the casual lowering of carbs offered by my diabetes educator.

Off I went and I want to say it was very easy. I live alone and getting rid of all the crap in my fridge and cupboards was easy. Most of it was already gone. Eating fruits and nuts and veggies, and in particular meat is very easy. I feel sooo much better. No more bloated stomach, no more feeling so tired, better sleeping, more energy. I have really enjoyed it. In addition I don't have the hunger pangs I once had in the afternoon. I look forward to cutting my fruit and veggies at work, and eating my mix of nuts.

Exercise has been the hardest. I just don't get it done as often as I should, my feet and knee often hurt and bones ache. SO getting out there often results in an achy body afterwards so therefore I often limit my exercise or don't do it at all.

By the way, I am a fifty year old who has added 50 pound onto my 6'2" frame in the past seven years. I had ballooned up to 324 pounds at my peak and am currently at 305. My goal is to get down to 205 in the next year. 100 pounds of weight loss, combined with lean muscle mass and increased energy will undoubtedly improve my quality of life.

Did I tell you that the women I date owns a comfort food and pie restaurant, if it wasn't difficult enough! But she is the most encouraging of all and frankly pie no longer interest me.

bnedguy is offline Junior Member
    My Primal food today:

B: Nothing
    L: Spinach salad with Balsamic vinaigrette (included a green apple and beets), Iced tea,
    s: Nut mixture of walnuts, almonds and pistachios (small handfull)
    D: Salad with chicken... (planned)

troylee is offline Junior Member
    This forum is the place to make your own personal Primal Blueprint health challenge public.

Madeline87st is offline Junior Member
    My Primal food today:

Wakegrl is offline Junior Member
    B- I egg 3 tbs egg white n 3 p. Bacon
    L- mussels, shrimp, scallops with garlic, tomatoes, zucchini
    S- nuts
    D- chicken n tomatoes
    S- hot tea

WOD- am very intense WOD
    Have small headache I'm guessing from no sugar and body is very sore

Sandy Barrett is offline Junior Member
    Ok here it goes
    B,sausage patty about 4 oz, 1 fried egg, coffee with S& L
    S, blueberries 1/4 cup and cottage cheese 1/4 cup
    L, planning a spinach salad with tuna , cucumber , onions, boiled egg, evoo.
    S, idk yet
    D, roast beef with asparagus and carrots
    So ok can someone tell me if I am on the right track kinda think I am

Dano442 is offline Junior Member
    hey StartingOver,

I saw your post and had to reply because of our very similar situations. My wife loved the three meat chili I made last night, and is all for veggies in butter, but won't cut out grains/sugars/processed foods from her diet. I walked our two dogs this morning and did my first weight training session (since Dec.) yesterday afternoon. I've been reading about PBF several days ago, and am just now getting started whole hog. One thing caught my attention in your meal log, grilled chicken thighs with skin on. In some blogs I read "eat lean meats etc." So if that's the case, why leave the skin on the thighs? Just curious if you have the answer.

Good luck to both of us, Palio on!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast