Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to Use the Primal Blueprint Journals Forum page 3

HollyGoLightly is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    DAY 1! Jan 8, 2013

Very, very excited to go Primal! Have been reading and researching for about 6 weeks and decided today was the best time to start now that holiday season is over. I am in great shape, exercise 4-6x week including weight training and plyometrics, but injured my back in late-August which has caused sleep deprivation, fewer workouts, and discomfort; however, I am envisioning healing and health for my back now and it does seem to be getting much better. I just finished reading "The Secret" so I've decided to live my life by the Law of Attraction. For a week now I've been saying to myself, "I am thin, I weigh 137lbs!" instead of my usual, "OMG, I'm getting fat!".

My friend and I decided to have a contest to see who could lose 10-lbs by late February, so this morning I jumped on my scale and then almost fell off. I've gained 20-lbs in 2-yrs! So now my goal is really to lose 20+-lbs not just 10-lbs.

Here are my measurements as of this morning:
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 159lbs
    Bust: 36"
    Waist: 32"
    Hips: 40.5"
    Thigh: 23"
    Arm: 12"

I am such a foodie and wine drinker. Any suggestions on how much wine to allow myself following the 80/20 rule?

Food/exercise today:

B: 3 paleo pancakes w/maple syrup (pancakes made w plantains, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla)
    1/2 grapefruit
    S: 1 hard boiled egg
    L: paleo coleslaw, venison

exercise:
    6 20-second sprints
    1.5 mile stroll to daughter's school

I need support because I can get off track easily. Seeing my weight this morning really shocked me so I suppose that it was a wake-up call. Thanks everyone!

Brenda J is offline Junior Member

Smile Brenda J

Hello in answer to your question about the skin remaining on the thighs it is for fat/ protein content I believe.
    Chicken dark meat 6oz has 47.2 grams of protein
    chickem breast 6oz has 37.8 gms of protein and less fat.
    Brenda J

Asatrur is offline Junior Member

New here

I am a soon to be 42 yo male who is moderately active. Here are my current stats
    5'9
    207 lbs
    My main forms of physical activities are 2/x week Tae Kwon Do, road and mtn biking and hiking. I used to be a endurance nut who ran, biked, rock climbed, etc. I let that fall apart when we had kids and now want to take back what I let get away. I realize I will never be 150 lbs again and now focused on transforming what I have into something healthier and better.
    Wish me luck
    Asatrur

Karapn is offline Member
    Hello. I'm 45, married w/two kids (19 and soon to be 12). I am at my heaviest and have been this weight on & off since I had my youngest. This is my official 2nd day eating Primal, since I gave up the ungodly amount of red wine I was drink nightly on Monday. I tried for a week before to eat Primal & did fine until I started drinking wine & then I would eat the bad stuff I crave.

My intention is to create the healthy and energetic body I am supposed to have and hopefully my spirit will catch-up.

Off to open a journal now.
    Last edited by Karapn; 05-08-2013 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Finally figured out signature wanted to add

Buddyslim.com weight loss blog<noscript>buddytslim</noscript>

K2theMac is offline Junior Member
    im having trouble figuring out how to start a new thread so i can start my own journal.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I think your answer is on the first page. Start a new thread will be what you need. It is at the top of the journals page.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Ariana30 is offline Senior Member
    I love your weight tracker. I just got one too. Here it goes (this might not work).

It worked, look at me go.. zoooom.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123