Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to Use the Primal Blueprint Journals Forum page 3

HollyGoLightly is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    DAY 1! Jan 8, 2013

Very, very excited to go Primal! Have been reading and researching for about 6 weeks and decided today was the best time to start now that holiday season is over. I am in great shape, exercise 4-6x week including weight training and plyometrics, but injured my back in late-August which has caused sleep deprivation, fewer workouts, and discomfort; however, I am envisioning healing and health for my back now and it does seem to be getting much better. I just finished reading "The Secret" so I've decided to live my life by the Law of Attraction. For a week now I've been saying to myself, "I am thin, I weigh 137lbs!" instead of my usual, "OMG, I'm getting fat!".

My friend and I decided to have a contest to see who could lose 10-lbs by late February, so this morning I jumped on my scale and then almost fell off. I've gained 20-lbs in 2-yrs! So now my goal is really to lose 20+-lbs not just 10-lbs.

Here are my measurements as of this morning:
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 159lbs
    Bust: 36"
    Waist: 32"
    Hips: 40.5"
    Thigh: 23"
    Arm: 12"

I am such a foodie and wine drinker. Any suggestions on how much wine to allow myself following the 80/20 rule?

Food/exercise today:

B: 3 paleo pancakes w/maple syrup (pancakes made w plantains, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla)
    1/2 grapefruit
    S: 1 hard boiled egg
    L: paleo coleslaw, venison

exercise:
    6 20-second sprints
    1.5 mile stroll to daughter's school

I need support because I can get off track easily. Seeing my weight this morning really shocked me so I suppose that it was a wake-up call. Thanks everyone!

Brenda J is offline Junior Member

Smile Brenda J

Hello in answer to your question about the skin remaining on the thighs it is for fat/ protein content I believe.
    Chicken dark meat 6oz has 47.2 grams of protein
    chickem breast 6oz has 37.8 gms of protein and less fat.
    Brenda J

Asatrur is offline Junior Member

New here

I am a soon to be 42 yo male who is moderately active. Here are my current stats
    5'9
    207 lbs
    My main forms of physical activities are 2/x week Tae Kwon Do, road and mtn biking and hiking. I used to be a endurance nut who ran, biked, rock climbed, etc. I let that fall apart when we had kids and now want to take back what I let get away. I realize I will never be 150 lbs again and now focused on transforming what I have into something healthier and better.
    Wish me luck
    Asatrur

Karapn is offline Member
    Hello. I'm 45, married w/two kids (19 and soon to be 12). I am at my heaviest and have been this weight on & off since I had my youngest. This is my official 2nd day eating Primal, since I gave up the ungodly amount of red wine I was drink nightly on Monday. I tried for a week before to eat Primal & did fine until I started drinking wine & then I would eat the bad stuff I crave.

My intention is to create the healthy and energetic body I am supposed to have and hopefully my spirit will catch-up.

Off to open a journal now.
    Last edited by Karapn; 05-08-2013 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Finally figured out signature wanted to add

Buddyslim.com weight loss blog<noscript>buddytslim</noscript>

K2theMac is offline Junior Member
    im having trouble figuring out how to start a new thread so i can start my own journal.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I think your answer is on the first page. Start a new thread will be what you need. It is at the top of the journals page.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Ariana30 is offline Senior Member
    I love your weight tracker. I just got one too. Here it goes (this might not work).

It worked, look at me go.. zoooom.

Moowards is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well here goes:

Home made granola bar made from almonds, cashews, walnuts, dried cranberries, shredded coconut, coconut oil and honey
    Salad leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, carrot and cheese
    Handful of almonds
    Chicken stir fry
    Only drank water today

Exercise 45 mins moderate aerobics

I am female 52 years of age I had my gall bladder removed January 2014 and have struggled to lose weight since, I am 5'3" and weigh 179 lb This is the heaviest I have ever been! I have been following primal for 3 weeks exercise at least 5 times a week with
    Different exercises, I walk at lunch time for 30 minutes although this is a fairly new addition to my exercise. I don't
    Eat red meat or shellfish ( wish I did) love fruit and worry that I may eat too much, I have raspberries pretty much everyday and also have apple, pear, banana. I drink plenty of water daily. In the 3 weeks I have been following Primal I have actually gained weight (4lb) is this normal in the early days? I don't have any treats and am mindful of what I eat I have totally eliminated potatoes,rice,pasta and bread from my diet. I have just bought the primal quick and easy meals and have tried out a few of the recipes. Any advice would be really appreciated.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast