Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Gym fails! page 5

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I went to the Y 2 summers ago when it was 90° and 150% humidity and there was a guy who huffed and puffed and grunted the entire time he was on the elliptical....STFU already!

There's a guy at the fitness center at work who I swear uses weight that's too heavy for him and when using the machines lets the plates crash together. I hate that, plus someone keeps leaving the 45lb weights on the Smith machine and they're too heavy for me to move. I can pick up a 45lb box from a table and carry it, but the plates are suspended and I'm afraid I'll drop them on my foot/feet. Luckily, there's been someone there nice enough to move them for me. I only use the SM for Australian pullups and incline pushups, but with the heavy weights on them I can't move the bar and it's just common courtesy to remove your weights after using the machine anyway.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Ugh, yeah. I'm capable of moving 45 lb plates relatively easily, and I still hate it when people leave the bar loaded because I don't warm up at that weight even on squats, plus I usually need to adjust the rack for my height since I am not as tall as most of the gym dudes. I hate having to unload someone else's plates before I can even start.

Seriously, your workout is not so hard that you can't unload the bar after. I don't know if it's laziness or some kind of passive aggressive territoriality to remind lesser mortals that they don't belong in the squat rack, but it's an assy move either way.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Not that I go to the gym anymore and I can't speak for all the men on this forum but, I really hated it when women looked smokin' hot at the gym.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

I'll make sure to order my gym burka immediately.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    I'll make sure to order my gym burka immediately.
    Hah, I've seen a couple of Muslim women at the Y. They wear long sleeves, jackets, long pants and a head cover. I don't know how they do it with all that clothing on. It would make me way too hot!
    Last edited by Lynna; 10-18-2012 at 11:42 AM.

My Muslim women acquaintances tell me that it's different when you are used to wearing it. I know Muslim women who do martial arts training in chose-fitting sport hijab with a light, high-necked top under their uniforms, and they are quite good at their sports. Historically, western women also write a lot more clothing for activity than we do now. But I'm not dumping my lululemon gear just so some guy doesn't have to be distracted when I'm squatting.

Owly's Journal

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    But I'm not dumping my lululemon gear just so some guy doesn't have to be distracted when I'm squatting.
    pics so we can tell if you're a "distraction" or not... for scientific purposes, of course...

Heh. My sweetie already looks ready to thump the curl bros who look too obviously. I'm pretty sure that asking him to take pics to show dudes on the internet might make the vein in his forehead go pop.

Owly's Journal

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Heh. My sweetie already looks ready to thump the curl bros who look too obviously. I'm pretty sure that asking him to take pics to show dudes on the internet might make the vein in his forehead go pop.
    awesome! i'm not a huge fan of dudes oogling my wife in her little shorts and sportsbras while she is doing plyo, squats, etc...so i totally get that. keep up the good work.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    In that case set up a camera and film his reaction to that request. Now that would be something worth posting on youtube.

Oh, even better, ask him to take nude pics. His head will explode! Possibly both of them!
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast