Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gym fails! page 3

Miscellangela is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I saw a guy at my gym doing reverse wrist curl in the power rack with two 5lb plates on a light bar. I asked him to move because I needed to squat.

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Thankfully someone had a phone to catch this guy on video..
    A man’s bizarre workout at the gym — Video : theCHIVE

MeatSleepRepeat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscellangela View Post
    I saw a guy at my gym doing reverse wrist curl in the power rack with two 5lb plates on a light bar. I asked him to move because I needed to squat.
    Lol nice! What did he say?

Miscellangela is offline Senior Member
    He gave me the "girls don't lift weights" look, then stared at me throughout my entire warmup and work sets. An.noy.ing.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slowcooker View Post
    Thankfully someone had a phone to catch this guy on video..
    A man’s bizarre workout at the gym — Video : theCHIVE
    He was just practicing for his conjugal visit with Bubba later.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

mark2741 is offline Member
    I just joined a gym last week and am 3 sessions into Starting Strength. The gym is actually a squash club first, but they have a weight and cardio area, as well as a crossfit area, etc. But since it's primarily geared towards squash players, they mainly play squash for fitness and the rest of the gym is pretty quiet/not crowded.

The other day I went in to do my SS session and there was a guy who setup a chair in the power rack (unfortunately the only rack in the gym). He proceeded to do some wierd set of half-presses (bent elbow to start), then would take a break and sit in the chair and leaf through a magazine for a minute or two, then do the movement again. He literally did sets of these for about 15 minutes and finally I walked up to him and asked him how long he was going to be. He said he had two more sets.

Mind you, this guy was grossly overweight, and here he was doing some half-assed bastardization of a movement...I'd have felt bad for him if he wasn't such a jerkoff for hogging up the rack.

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosejuggler View Post
    I the chicks on the treadmill who come in with a full face of makeup.

(
    I dont get why everyone hates on this. I have no problem looking at pretty girls. Lots of people start relationships at the gym, mite as well try to look good. Do you hate when girls put on makeup to go to the grocery store? You never know who you will run in to. I go to the gym with my hair styled. Is that bad too? Maybe its just all the ugly people that have a problem with it. Everyone should just wear super baggy sweatpants, not brush their teeth or comb their hair ect...

Velocity J is offline Member
    I try not to be critical of what I see in the gym since everyone's goals are different and there is always more to learn in terms of the most effective way to exercise. If someone is making an effort they're still getting some benefit from being there. I sometimes don't understand why someone would choose an exercise with a high risk of injury (like barbell squats on the bosu) and not much benefit over safer alternatives.

That being said, here's an interesting one:

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity J View Post
    That being said, here's an interesting one:

my spine is crying right now

katiepotato is offline Member
    It's not so much girls in makeup that bother me - it's the ones who have co-ordinated every last detail of their (designer) workout gear, have so much makeup on that if you hit them on the back of the head it would fall off like a mask, and spend more time preening in front of the mirror/getting in the way than actually working out...

I'm four weeks into a 5X5 program and am training with my hubby. I am regularly the only girl in the freeweights area, some of the guys look at me like I'm a freak, but it's when I get on the pullup machine that it really seems to bother people!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast