Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: French Press coffee - good and very bad page 3

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I was using the same French roast stuff I always buy from Trader Joe's. I cut way back on the coffee and feel infinitely better. At most I put about 2 level measuring teaspoons in the press now instead of an 8th of a cup. And when I get my second cup later, I make it half a cup. I think I will taper off the stuff because since I've cut back not only do I feel better but I think I have better definition. Could be a reduction in edema around the knees and ankles where it's most visible for me.
    Water retention due to coffee? That would be the first time I have heard that one. Most people experience the opposite effect. Coffee is considered a diuretic. Interesting...
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Misti is offline Member
    Another factor to take into account-not necessarily for you SB, but in general:

Some of the cheap "house brand" pre-ground coffee can be , er, "extended" with roasted corn. I have a corn sensitivity and verified that rumour personally - the hard way. If you have a sensitivity to corn (or any grain, for that matter) you'll want to make sure your coffee started from whole beans.
    Misti
    Grain Free since 2009, WP from 2005
    ~100% primal (because anything less makes me very sick)
    Goal: hike across Sweden with my grandchildren when I retire in a few years

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I believe it was water retention due to hormones gone haywire due to caffeine intoxication. I did not sleep well for a few days. I'm sure there were elevated stress hormones going on.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123