View Poll Results: If you've had gallbladder disease how many of these do you also have?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Anemia

1 16.67%
  • Adrenal issues

2 33.33%
  • Thryoid issues

3 50.00%
  • Celiacs sprue

1 16.67%
  • Crohn's disease

1 16.67%
  • Fibromialgia

0 0%
  • Estrogen dominance

2 33.33%
  • Mood disorders

5 83.33%
  • Problems losing weight

5 83.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Wondering how many have no gallbladder with these issues? page

mom5booklover is offline Senior Member

Wondering how many have no gallbladder with these issues?

Primal Fuel
    I had my gallbladder taken out 10 years ago. I also have a multitude of hormonal problems and digestive issues. I have done some research on gallbladder disease and what causes it etc.....

I am wondering how many people out there have these problems that are being studied as related to gallbladder disease. So I thought maybe I would get some feedback on the subject.

How many of you have had your gallbladder out/ or have gallbladder disease along with these other issues?
    1. Iron deficiency anemia
    2. Celiacs disease
    3. Estrogen dominance
    4. Hashimoto's thyroiditis or Graves disease
    5. Adrenal issues
    6. Chronic Fatigue
    7. Fibromialgia
    8. Crohn's disease
    9. Difficulty losing weight
    10. Any mental/ mood issues

Or if you have other issues that aren't listed feel free to list them. I would love to know the chain of events for them if you know them just to see if there is any connection between cause and effect etc......

For myself it was:
    anemia(all my life)
    gallbladder disease (symptoms starting at age 12)
    celiacs(symptoms possibly starting around age 13)
    adrenal fatigue (starting around age 22)
    estrogen dominance (starting around age 23)
    graves disease (starting around age 27 I think but may have been present during childhood as I was severely underweight until puberty)

Thanks for sharing!
    F/37yr/5' 5"
    SW: 154 March 2011
    CW: 140 July to Oct 2011
    PB: 145 gained 5lbs in first 4 months March to July 2012
    With a combo of PB and IF-ing 5 days a week (1 x 1200 calorie meal per day) I have lost 15 lbs PB/IF = 130 lbs July 2012 to current
    GW: 120
    Ultimate Goals ar to be: Happy/ Fit/ Energetic/ Feel great/ Balanced/ cure my thyroid and adrenals

otzi Guest
    CPC #3: DO YOU NEED A GALLBLADDER? | Living an Optimized Life

You may find some interesting facts here!

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Well, that was depressing. I had my gallbladder out after extraordinarily painful attacks post-pregnancy. Nice to know jack kruse has condemned me to an early death.

Alaska Ang is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I had a similar reaction to that article. I had my gallbladder out many years ago and at the time there wasn't much out there as an alternative to surgery other than the crazy lemon juice and olive oil fast. I didn't fit the supposed typical profile of "FAT, FEMALE, FORTY, and FERTILE", I was in my 20's and thin.

I haven't really had any significant health problems related to it's removal other than weight gain and digestive changes. I also have food allergies / gluten intollerance, but those may have been more the cause of the initial problem rather than a result of the removal.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    I was also thin and in my 20's when I had that surgery. The pain from the gallstones was worse than labor and I haven't had any issues with it since then, but who knows what goes on inside? Then again, I have to remind myself it's Jack Kruse and maybe I shouldn't buy what he says lock, stock and barrel.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    I had mine removed in my mid twenties, no stones but it was termed "diseased" and was causing painful attacks and not functioning properly, so they took it out. I wasn't "thin", I guess I would have been in the overweight catagory at the time, probably a size 10 or 12. I do remember having digestive changes after, but haven't really noticed any other symptoms. I'm not even going to read that article. That's the last thing I need to read right now, lol!!!

mom5booklover is offline Senior Member
    Wow that is a depressing article. Too late for me I guess. I might as well just throw in the towel now Jack Kruze is one of those bloggers who doesn't always make alot of sense. I have learned to take his articles with a pinch of sceptizism and a pinch of interest. He obviously knows a little about what he's writing about but I think he usually takes a huge leap from what he knows as fact to what he suspects is also fact.

Well it is somewhat comforting to know that my grandma had hers removed 20 or 30 years ago and she is now 97 years old. She pretty much lived on a Primal diet as she was a farmer's wife. So maybe that will give us Primal eaters who have no gallbladder a leg up.
    F/37yr/5' 5"
    SW: 154 March 2011
    CW: 140 July to Oct 2011
    PB: 145 gained 5lbs in first 4 months March to July 2012
    With a combo of PB and IF-ing 5 days a week (1 x 1200 calorie meal per day) I have lost 15 lbs PB/IF = 130 lbs July 2012 to current
    GW: 120
    Ultimate Goals ar to be: Happy/ Fit/ Energetic/ Feel great/ Balanced/ cure my thyroid and adrenals

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mom5booklover View Post
    Wow that is a depressing article. Too late for me I guess. I might as well just throw in the towel now Jack Kruze is one of those bloggers who doesn't always make alot of sense. I have learned to take his articles with a pinch of sceptizism and a pinch of interest. He obviously knows a little about what he's writing about but I think he usually takes a huge leap from what he knows as fact to what he suspects is also fact.

Well it is somewhat comforting to know that my grandma had hers removed 20 or 30 years ago and she is now 97 years old. She pretty much lived on a Primal diet as she was a farmer's wife. So maybe that will give us Primal eaters who have no gallbladder a leg up.
    Sorry for linking a depressing article...at least you have your 97 year old grandma to exemplify. Do what she does!

Enilegna/hearts is offline Senior Member
    I got mine out last week! And I'm a stick. A strong stick, that is, but I wouldn't know what other diseases/intolerances I have.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, I had many of those symptoms before I have my gall bladder out and still have some of them now.