Thread: need nutrition advice. page

breetbree is offline Senior Member

need nutrition advice.

Shop Now
    i read the book and all, but i'm still a little confused on the nutrition aspect. what stuff exactly can i not have? i know nothing with sugar, no processed foods, no frozen food, fast food, grains. does grains mean no bread of any kind? if you could give me a list of what not to eat, i'd appreciate it (:

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Yep, no breads of any kind, unless you make your own versions with coconut or almond flour. But then I think you are kind of missing the point.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    No grains, that includes corn. Basically just real foods. You might also read Wheat Belly by Dr. WIlliam Davis. And check out the recipe forum here on MDA to give you some ideas of ways to cook. In the beginning it is best to keep it simple. Meats and veggies. Eggs and cheese. Maybe some dark chocolate. Lots of water. Good luck! Ask questions when you are unsure. And remember every person is different. While there are universals; no processed foods, no grains, the amount of carbs and exercise tolerance is different for each.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

breetbree is offline Senior Member
    thanks a lot guys. aren't nuts/ seeds okay to eat too?

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    Frozen food is ok if it's not processed (e.g. there's nothing wrong with frozen brussells sprouts or berries, but no Lean Cuisines!).

You can also Google "paleo shopping list" for a list of things you CAN eat - which can be a challenge for some who are quite used to processed foods and grains. There are actually lots of options.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breetbree View Post
    thanks a lot guys. aren't nuts/ seeds okay to eat too?
    Depends on your goals. If weight loss I would strictly limit them.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Spiralicious is offline Senior Member
    And there's nothing wrong with frozen foods. Frozen whole foods, that is: meat and veggies in other words. But there are already resources out there for you, did you try searching the site? Go into the archives, search the forum, search google for crying out loud! People have already put these things together.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Eat meat, vegetables, fruit, nuts and seeds. Dairy products are optional.

Don't eat grains of any kind, or flour or anything made with flour (corn chips, bread). No vegetable oil. No sugar or anything similar like corn syrup, maple syrup, agave. Don't eat the low-fat or non-fat versions of anything. Eat the all the yolks with your eggs. Eat the fat on your meat. Eat a whole avocado, not just a sliver.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Extreme Health Radio is offline Junior Member
    Yes google paleo shopping list like EyeofRound said. There's lots of great primal food lists online. Mark has been doing a series lately on foods that are primal and foods that are not.

And as far as bread goes, once you're off it for a while you'll NEVER miss it again. Sounds weird but it's been true in my life since 2003!