Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've become a skeptical learner of Paleo/Primal nutrition page 2

Timthetaco Guest
    Shop Now
    I completely agree with you. Since I started, I've not only become more macronutrient agnostic, but I've started judging foods on their individual merits. I've come to realize that I really don't find beans, corn or rice to be particularly unhealthy foods to consume.

Paleo has its own talking points now, just like veganism, and it's a shame.

"B-12? Pft, that doesn't run out for 30 years!"
    "Low carb didn't wreck your thyroid, you don't know what you're talking about. Maybe supplement with iodine?"

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    The "Low Carb" thing drives me batty...paleo/primal is NOT about low carb. It is lower than CW carbs but the focus is not and should not be on "Low Carb"
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    The "Low Carb" thing drives me batty...paleo/primal is NOT about low carb. It is lower than CW carbs but the focus is not and should not be on "Low Carb"
    Correct, although two of the three primal demons are carbs....
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    True there is that carbs for weight loss, grains for everything else.
    Of course grains are the biggest source of empty carbs so a lot of people do interchange the terms.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Plenty of tribes consume tons of carbs in other forms like tubers and melons. I don't believe this whole carb conversation. Low carb may be good for weight loss, but I don't consider a state of weight loss to be an ideal state to be in.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Plenty of tribes consume tons of carbs in other forms like tubers and melons. I don't believe this whole carb conversation. Low carb may be good for weight loss, but I don't consider a state of weight loss to be an ideal state to be in.
    Yeah, I've decided that eating for health is the thing. My body doesn't want to let go of those last few pounds and maybe my love for red wine has something to do with that. But, I eat very healthy and the red wine is my treat. I don't eat chocolate or other treats. I am not fat at all and the last ten pounds are for vanity's sake. I think eating yummy whole foods is better for me in the long run versus trying to force my way into smaller pants. Men seem to appreciate the curves anyway - yay men!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12