Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I need a drink - any options for us very carb sensitive types? page 4

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Vodka and tequila are the lowest carb booze. To stay gluten free, but throw caution to the wind with carbs, go for a cider!
    Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
    Pre-preg weight: 130
    Current: 145 (eek!)
    Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
    Started Primal in May '12.
    My Blog
    Join the Revolution!

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    As a big NorCal margarita fan I have to echo what others have said about sweetening it. You almost have to add a little something sweet to it. Then it's perfecto.
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosopher Dan View Post

Next comes whiskeys aged in barrels. A good single-malt scotch would do the trick (Oban is my favorite - but it's pricey-ish!). I recommend 1 regular-sized ice-cube per ounce of liquid.

Not a fan of Oban. I am drinking Glenlivet 18 right now which i enjoy. I like Glenfidich 12 but not 18. I ve drank mostly speysides, gonna branch out soon.

Jena is offline Senior Member
    I like tequila on ice with lime juice and a splash of club soda. But mostly I stick to red wine. I do love good beer though and just drink it if that's what I want.
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

MaverickBris is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofturtles View Post
    Not a fan of Oban. I am drinking Glenlivet 18 right now which i enjoy. I like Glenfidich 12 but not 18. I ve drank mostly speysides, gonna branch out soon.
    I found the Glenfidich too smooth for my liking - so I am currently working my way through a Talisker 12 Year Old, from the Isle of Skye it is a really peatie whiskey that leaves a taste in your mouth that lets you know you have drunk whiskey. I even bougth my bottle from the Isle of Skye when I was there last!

But really - any single Malt scotch whiskey is fine with me! That is my primal drink of choice - apart from Mezcal Tequila!

Ross...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234