Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easy as ... Cheesecake page

pjgh is online now Senior Member

Easy as ... Cheesecake

Shop Now

Seriously, this is so easy to make, even a fellow who'd just overindulged in sensible indulgences can put this together ... and I'm not talking eating too much chocolate

You need:

Some cream cheese, pure as you can - check the ingredients. Cream Cheese which lists the ingredients and milk is what you want.

Some soured cream (or sour cream, if that's what it's called in your location) - again, check the ingredients ... blah blah blah ... cream needs to be the ingredient. Soured cream adds the tang that cheesecake needs without spoiling the vanilla flavour with lemon juice.

Some honey, which is a superb sweetener, packed with all manner of complex health goodies - it's more than just a sweetener!

Vanilla essence - or, vanilla seeds extracted from a pod. I only had essence in, so that's what I used.

Gluten-free biscuit. Fauxfood, I know, but I lacked the inspiration to whip up a nutty base at that time of night but reckon something like crushed hazelnuts, macadamia nuts and maybe a little butter would do the trick.

Hand whisk.

Get to it!

2/3 cream cheese, 1/3 soured cream, touch of honey, whisk like the clappers until it stands up. Get the bowl in a headlock to work the core and swap hands part way through to ensure an even workout. Yes, I mean a hand whisk, not an electric whisk you hold in your hand!

Form your base in a Chef's ring and spoon the mixture over. Pop into the fridge to set.

When ready to eat, retrieve from the fridge, warm the metal ring with your body heat and allow the cake to slide out. The cheesecake will set in about an hour, so this is something that can be made and eaten the same evening.

Eat, enjoy, feel fantastic!

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    That looks fantastic - can imagine chucking some fresh berries on top would be good too.

Very much ... next time I make this, I'll do it baseless (I almost always leave the base with any cheesecake anyway), contained in one of those snap-to cake rings, then press berries into the top, a few crushed so that the juice permeates into the cheese.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    That's wonderfully simple. Can't wait till I can eat dairy again!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    How about crumbled dark chocolate as the crust base...Just sayin:-)

p.s. nice job
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

MeatSleepRepeat is offline Senior Member
    Oh my... another super easy, super awesome primal dessert that I'm going to have to try. Tough life here.

CocoaNut is offline Member
    Have you considered trying it with yogurt cheese as a replacement for the cream cheese (just drain yogurt of the whey, Alton Brown will show you how... ignore the grains and the RD) and creme fraiche as a replacement for sour cream (instructions here, just remember that it's a cultured product, so remember that you can use the leftovers from the original batch to make a new batch and so on and so forth)?

They're supposed to be able to be used as replacements, but they are a little different, in chemical structure and especially in flavor (creme fraiche is milder than sour cream and yogurt cheese is tangier than cream cheese).
    See my progress at Cocoa's Corner.

Or check out my journal thread here.

If I accidently make you a brony or convert you to Taoism, well... you shouldn't have talked to me if you didn't want that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by SoccerGrok View Post
    How about crumbled dark chocolate as the crust base...Just sayin:-)

p.s. nice job
    Thanks, pal - of course, the whole thing could be done upside down, so cheese in first, then push anything into the top which becomes the base once set. Chocolate, fruit, streaky bacon bits, all sorts ...

Quote Originally Posted by MeatSleepRepeat View Post
    Oh my... another super easy, super awesome primal dessert that I'm going to have to try. Tough life here.
    This, and Panna Cotta are my two "to go" dessert recipes. Panna Cotta is super-simple, too. The hardest part is working out the amount of gelatine needed.

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member
    Could you post your Pana Cotta recipe please?

I love Panna Cotta
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Quote Originally Posted by AdamC29 View Post
    Could you post your Pana Cotta recipe please?
    living in the ice age: Panna Cotta and ...
    living in the ice age: Chocolate Panna Cotta

Experiment with the gelatine. I've found my ideal now, but if the first ones are too sloppy, add more, too hard, add less. A wobbly Panna Cotta is just right. Have fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast