Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: slow to heal spots, scratches and scars page 2

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    does anyone on this board besides me take vitamins?

anyone?

beuller?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I don't, but DH is on several plus food sources as per his naturopath. not to mention his "kill gut bacteria and parasites!" herbal supplements and his fermented "get good bacteria in there and growing" foods.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post

anyone?

beuller?
    Sometimes I take vitamins. I don't like taking large pills - they always seem to stick, but I do take vitamins off and on, usually those vita-packs from GNC.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    I haven't noticed any change in this department. I've always healed cuts and bruises very quickly.

I can't imagine why healing processes would be slower eating Primally.
    The same for me. I have always healed from cuts pretty quickly and have not noticed any change. Bruises take a little longer than cuts, but this has always been so.

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thaijinx View Post
    I have several spots and scratches that are taking much longer to heal than normal. I've been Primal for a year now, and have noticed that this seems to be an effect of eating this way.
    Does anyone have any ideas as to why this might be the case?
    Is it because inflammation is so low on a Primal diet ? (though I suppose this would make the healing process speed up faster?)
    Confused.
    fwiw: I've had the complete opposite effect. I used to always have at least one bug bite or scratch healing and they took forever to heal.

anyone?

beuller?
    I do. In summer, I tend to supplement minimally (multi, D, magnesium) because IMO the fresh/local produce is probably delivering what I need, and the summer sups just top that off. In winter months when I buy shipped/grocery store veggies and fruits, I tend to broaden it a bit. I decided to try the Jaminets' Perfect Health Diet supp recommendations, so that's what I'm following now.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I take a ton of supps, but I do take a multivitamin daily (when I'm not low, like right now) to ensure I'm getting stuff like iodine and selenium, since I don't eat a varied diet.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    I take a ton of supplements, including D3 and C. I have no abnormal bruising or prolonged healing time, unless you count a belly bruise from freezer bottom diving. However, a diet high in marine flesh and oils, such as ancestral Inuit followed, was noted to cause prolonged bleeding. The upside was, no heart disease, no gum disease. Nobody mentioned extended healing of small wounds; so I'll assume their recovery time was unremarkable.

patski is offline Senior Member

anyone?

beuller?
    You aren't alone.

I take B#6 from Thorne Research. Stuff is a godsend for adrenals and allergies. When I was out, I broke out in dermatitis on my left hand where my wedding/engagement ring is; was sleeping like shit, waking up feeling like crap.

Then I was like 'zOMG! You need your B vitamins!!!11!11'

I bought another bottle, and within a few days, dermatitis is GONE, and I'm sleeping better/feeling better in the mornings.

To the OP:

EMU OIL. It's a godsend. I buy mine off eBay. Retail prices are idiotic.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Selena is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thaijinx View Post
    I have several spots and scratches that are taking much longer to heal than normal. I've been Primal for a year now, and have noticed that this seems to be an effect of eating this way.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this might be the case?

Is it because inflammation is so low on a Primal diet ? (though I suppose this would make the healing process speed up faster?)

Confused.
    Have you tried any non surgical treatments so far?

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    When I want a wound to heal quick I do a little *gasp* cardio. Even just a 15 minute sweat session of anything. Seriously. IDK why it works, maybe blood flow?

But, yes, I noticed sometimes cuts and scrapes take a long time to heal, but other times, no. I also carb cycle, sometimes have dairy and sometimes don't, so there are too many variables for me to consider. I'd think anything that speeds up your metabolism would help.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast