Thread: For any Primal PE Teachers- Hunger Games rocks as a PE game page

SCruz Carter is offline Member

For any Primal PE Teachers- Hunger Games rocks as a PE game

So I was looking for a way to make capture the flag more engaging since several kids would just hang out and not play. With THG they have to, and they love it! All kids start with 2 flags (flag football flags work great) and must stay within a designated area. Once the game begins they have to take the other kids flags and keep theirs. Lose one and they are weakened,lose both and they are dead. Sometimes I will designate a tracker jacker who is invincible and can pull flags.

Basically the kids climb, sprint, crawl and jump all while having fun! We played it with 48 kids in a forest and everyone had a blast!
    Male 40 Years Old
    210 LBs - 5/14/12 - SW
    ??? LBs- GW
    36"- Starting pant size
    32" - Current Pant size

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    aw, i wish i'd had PE teachers that were fun like you
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Jena is offline Senior Member
    That sounds really fun!! And despite being for teenagers those books provided me with some excellent poolside reading material

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    we did our hair like she does which looks real cool. i think it's called a dutch plait. so do you get an area of forest and then give each kid two flags and they then have to go get everyone elses and keep theirs? what other rules do you have? how do they take a flag? the reason i ask is it would make an awesome holiday game but the kids are all different sizes.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    That is COMPLETELY AWESOME! I'm 27 and I want to go play THG Capture the Flag right now.

I wish my PE teachers had been as cool as you. All we did was run endless circles around the perimeter of the school in the blazing hot Los Angeles sun. No wonder I hated "working out" until I was an adult.

MeatSleepRepeat is offline Senior Member
    I'm surprised you haven't gotten on the news for promoting 'killing' with this game lol

+1

I'm also surprised that you would be allowed to let kids run around a forest!

But that does sound awesome! I wish they did stuff like that around here (perhaps I'll find a way to mention it).

Good luck!

SCruz Carter is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    we did our hair like she does which looks real cool. i think it's called a dutch plait. so do you get an area of forest and then give each kid two flags and they then have to go get everyone elses and keep theirs? what other rules do you have? how do they take a flag? the reason i ask is it would make an awesome holiday game but the kids are all different sizes.
    No fighting, no climbing of trees above their height, and basic rules about keeping flags visible. You can also give awards for most flags stolen, longest hiding, etc. Just use your imagination and have fun!
    Male 40 Years Old
    210 LBs - 5/14/12 - SW
    ??? LBs- GW
    36"- Starting pant size
    32" - Current Pant size