Thread: Chicken noodle soup- Can Quinoa replace the noodles? Anyone ever try this? page

HealthyGirl is offline Member

Chicken noodle soup- Can Quinoa replace the noodles? Anyone ever try this?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I love to make chicken noodle soup from scratch, but I will obviously be omitting the noodles...would Quinoa work as a substitute?? Any suggestions?? Thanks!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'm not sure on the quinoa. I tend to use zucchini strips added towards the very end, and let it cook just long enough to become noodle like in texture. I think spaghetti squash might work.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

HealthyGirl is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I'm not sure on the quinoa. I tend to use zucchini strips added towards the very end, and let it cook just long enough to become noodle like in texture. I think spaghetti squash might work.
    Hmm. does that make it very watery though? (I know it's soup, but I don't want to ruin the brothy flavor) Although I guess at the very end to add would be ok. I will try that...thanks.