Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Use Stevia or Not? page

Leida is offline Senior Member

Do You Use Stevia or Not?

Shop Now
    Just wondering how many people use Stevia/not use Stevia and if it hinders fat loss for them? Experience off and on Stevia?
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

john_e_turner_ii is online now Senior Member
    I liked it, and had no problems with it. It's still a processed food, regardless of how natural it is, unless you are literally using stevia leaves.

I have since moved to a more strict paleo diet, and I don't use any sweeteners of any kind right now.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    I used the actual stevia leaves that I order from Mt. Rose Herbs. I never noticed that it had any effect on fat loss, either good or bad.

john_e_turner_ii is online now Senior Member
    I am guessing that if one was eating a caloric surplus, much of it added sugars, then replacing the added sugar with stevia might help reduce overall calories and result in fat loss. Just a theory.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    I use it occasionally for deserts that need sweetening. But then again, I rarely eat desert now anyway, so hardly ever.

Mark posted an "Is It Primal?" wherein he gave good marks to stevia and even mentioned a few studies linking the use of stevia to improved insulin sensitivity. Just do a search on the main page for "stevia" to find it.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Funny aftertaste so I don't. I usually don't add sugar to things but if I do (usually if having good cafe con leche) I will add "real" white sugar, just enough to get a hint of sweet in there.

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    I used to and I still use real stevia leaves (Stevia plants like hot weather, btw - they're pretty easy to grow) in the summer on fruit salad or in my coffee grounds or tea bags. But John's right, if it's white powder and it dissolves in liquid it's processed - I don't know how it gets that way, but that's not how "real" leaves act. Stevia drops may be less processed - it's fairly easy to boil stevia leaves and get a super-sweet brew out of them, anyways. I don't know if that's what you buy in the store.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I have the drops and I really want to make jello with lime juice, and I don't think I can take lime juice straight.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member

Tercio is offline Senior Member
    No. Since quitting sugar I find I can taste the sweetness in a lot of foods much more. I drink my coffee strong and unsweetened and some veggies, like onions, carrots and cabbage, are almost too sweet.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast