Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick question on leptin reset..thanks page 2

otzi Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Ok maybe not weird around here. But DH looked at it, and he is like, what is this?! I said it is your healthy daily dose of choline & omega 3 fish oil. And he is like no, really, what is this??!! haha

I buy my eggs them from the neighbor.

I know I probably got the idea here first, but then heard it at PHD. So on the days I am not doing some sort of modified fast/feast experiment, I have started eating 3 eggs w/salmon or mackerel for my first meal, usually between 10 & 12. It goes along well with that "easy, don't have to think about what I am eating" thing.
    So I thought I would just combine the 2 and get them both out of the way first thing.
    I do the same thing but with scrambled eggs and smoked oysters. You totally need to make some hollandaise sauce to pour over your eggs and fish. Easy to make, just egg yolks, butter, and lemon juice...

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Easy to make, just egg yolks, butter, and lemon juice...
    Sounds delish!! I will have to sometime. My butter consumption has gone down to zero since I switched my macros around.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Energy! is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDC View Post
    Ok..i think i understand it

50 g protein for breakfast and then lunch and dinner with 50 carbs or less total for day

nothing after 730pm

questions

1-can you eat nuts in mid day if needed
    2- i work til 730 pm everynight...eat at 8-830..this ok?
    3- do i have to stop training for 2 months?

Biggest question-- do i have leptin issues?, can i do this anyway< just incase

my muscles do hurt a lot at crossfit(fast fatigue) and usuallyv finish last-- recovery from soreness is slow

i sweat a lot during work out, not sure of anything else-- sometimes i have hunger issues and i cant get rid of my back fat and love handles...----biggest issue
    I read Mastering Leptin: The Leptin Diet by Byron J. Richards years ago, long before hearing about Jack Kruse (who is often over the top but has good info amid the... ummm...more unusual offerings.) The book had a ton of info about nutrition, too much to follow really, but the main reason I started following the "5 Rules" was to become a fat burner in order to NOT have to eat every couple of hours and to lose weight (lost about 22 pounds over 6 months without any other changes.)Link to 5 rules

The idea is to have as long a fasting period as possible before 1st meal of day, thus the not eating after dinner. You could always delay breakfast after a late dinner. Re the not training per JK, if you're pretty healthy it may not matter (but I don't know what the reasoning for that is.) I have never been big on working out so don't know the ins and outs. Re nuts as snacks, sorry no because by eating anything you rev up your "food" fuel system rather than being in "fat-burning" mode. The exception to this may be coconut oil, which is not processed like other foods. If I've said anything incorrectly, I'm sure someone will jump in.
    Age 55, post-menopausal, primal since August '12 with some dairy, lots of seafood, following PHD and the 5 Leptin Rules. Taking ThyroGold, eating RS and zero wheat with great results. My Primal Journal

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Energy! View Post
    Re the not training per JK, if you're pretty healthy it may not matter (but I don't know what the reasoning for that is.) I have never been big on working out so don't know the ins and outs.
    I found JK about the time I found MDA. I remember asking a question on his blog, about working out, and his reply to me was bascially -- try it and see. I think the reasoning was going so low carb and not having energy but I can't be sure. But I had been going lower carb gradually anyways before I landed there, so I was still pretty much chronic cardio, which I hated, so I welcomed any excuse to back off.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12