Thread: Eating TERRIBLE but feeling pretty good and have lost weight... Hormones?

Threaded View

Eating TERRIBLE but feeling pretty good and have lost weight... Hormones?

A little background...

Male
    32 years old
    208 lbs

I have eaten Primal for the last year. Prior to that I have been low carb for about 6 years. Occasionally have a cheat day. Weight training 2-3 days per week, and B-Ball one day per week for cardio.

The last 3 weeks I have eaten TERRIBLE with a capital T. The worse I have eaten in probably 4 years (which is the last time I moved homes). My wife and I are in the process of moving homes. I have just started a new job, and much other craziness has lead to a hectic schedule. There is no excuse for bad eating really, but due to the schedule everything has been fast. I have had Pizza, soda, candy, and pretty much every fast food you can think of in the last 3 weeks. I haven't taken any of my multi vitamins, fish oil or vitamin D I normally need to take. I probably am only drinking 4-5 cups of water per day. I also have only gotten to the gym 4 times in the last 3 weeks. TERRIBLE!!!

I have made some good choices at times and had a few home cooked Primal meals, or maybe a lettuce wrapped burger, but only a few.

Interestingly I have actually lost 2 lbs. My stomach is not as bloated as when I eat Primal. My energy has been really good. My mood has been much better, and less irritable. I wake up earlier and most days more refreshed then when I am eating Primal and doing IF. I have had a little inflammation but not much. The only negative I can see besides my eating remorse is that my allergies have been a tad worse.

Why the positive reactions from eating so bad and for a sustained period of time? Perhaps I am producing more hormones that my body actually needs? Eating not enough calories on Primal?

I certainly won't continue to eat like this, but looking for some answers.

What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by ALLBIZNISS; 10-15-2012 at 10:30 AM.