Thread: Eating TERRIBLE but feeling pretty good and have lost weight... Hormones? page

ALLBIZNISS is offline Junior Member

Eating TERRIBLE but feeling pretty good and have lost weight... Hormones?

Shop Now
    A little background...

Male
    32 years old
    208 lbs

I have eaten Primal for the last year. Prior to that I have been low carb for about 6 years. Occasionally have a cheat day. Weight training 2-3 days per week, and B-Ball one day per week for cardio.

The last 3 weeks I have eaten TERRIBLE with a capital T. The worse I have eaten in probably 4 years (which is the last time I moved homes). My wife and I are in the process of moving homes. I have just started a new job, and much other craziness has lead to a hectic schedule. There is no excuse for bad eating really, but due to the schedule everything has been fast. I have had Pizza, soda, candy, and pretty much every fast food you can think of in the last 3 weeks. I haven't taken any of my multi vitamins, fish oil or vitamin D I normally need to take. I probably am only drinking 4-5 cups of water per day. I also have only gotten to the gym 4 times in the last 3 weeks. TERRIBLE!!!

I have made some good choices at times and had a few home cooked Primal meals, or maybe a lettuce wrapped burger, but only a few.

Interestingly I have actually lost 2 lbs. My stomach is not as bloated as when I eat Primal. My energy has been really good. My mood has been much better, and less irritable. I wake up earlier and most days more refreshed then when I am eating Primal and doing IF. I have had a little inflammation but not much. The only negative I can see besides my eating remorse is that my allergies have been a tad worse.

Why the positive reactions from eating so bad and for a sustained period of time? Perhaps I am producing more hormones that my body actually needs? Eating not enough calories on Primal?

I certainly won't continue to eat like this, but looking for some answers.

What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by ALLBIZNISS; 10-15-2012 at 10:30 AM.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    I would say that maybe it's reduced stress from not worrying about what you're eating and not having to deal with cooking and cleaning up your kitchen all the time.... but moving itself is usually pretty stressful, so I'm not sure if that is it. Maybe just the increased carb intake. Try eating higher carbs, but from good sources (fruit, tubers) and see if you feel the same.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    You might actually be eating less calories on that terrible diet, or not getting enough water, amounting to water weight loss. Either way, I wouldn't be concerned about going off track, you seem to have more to worry about than your diet right now.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

kmc
    kmc is offline Member
    It might be water weight, better stress hormones, or the increase in carbs from crappier food. More carbs improves leptin levels, which can increase the mobility of FFAs in your system.
    My Journal
    Fat Kid Turned Personal Trainer, Nutrition + Lifestyle Coach
    http://www.kentmccannfitness.com to contact me!
    Also on Twitter, FB, and Fitocracy!

Quote Originally Posted by kmc View Post
    It might be water weight, better stress hormones, or the increase in carbs from crappier food. More carbs improves leptin levels, which can increase the mobility of FFAs in your system.

Thanks for the replies and certainly welcome more. I am not so much focusing on the weight loss. Although eating what I have eaten I should have gained some weight I would think. Being on low carb in the past for so many years, when I would "carb up" I would gain 5-7 lbs in a weekend easy, and wouldn't lose it till on got rid of all the excess glycogen.

Something else I have noticed. Normally my hands and feet are normally cold. The last 3 weeks my body temperature actually feels warmer. Also when I am eating Primal and have a "cheat meal", or something that has carbs, I experience major carb crash. I have not had the carb crash the last 3 weeks.

This is all interesting.

Any other thoughts or experience something similar?

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    It seems obvious to me that you need to up your carb intake regularly. (or hey, maybe try the potato fast that everyone's talking about right now)
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    You said you were moving homes. So you're doing a lot of moving and lifting and cleaning. Plus it's exciting. It's change.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by ALLBIZNISS View Post
    A little background...

Male
    32 years old
    208 lbs

I have eaten Primal for the last year. Prior to that I have been low carb for about 6 years. Occasionally have a cheat day. Weight training 2-3 days per week, and B-Ball one day per week for cardio.

The last 3 weeks I have eaten TERRIBLE with a capital T. The worse I have eaten in probably 4 years (which is the last time I moved homes). My wife and I are in the process of moving homes. I have just started a new job, and much other craziness has lead to a hectic schedule. There is no excuse for bad eating really, but due to the schedule everything has been fast. I have had Pizza, soda, candy, and pretty much every fast food you can think of in the last 3 weeks. I haven't taken any of my multi vitamins, fish oil or vitamin D I normally need to take. I probably am only drinking 4-5 cups of water per day. I also have only gotten to the gym 4 times in the last 3 weeks. TERRIBLE!!!

I have made some good choices at times and had a few home cooked Primal meals, or maybe a lettuce wrapped burger, but only a few.

Interestingly I have actually lost 2 lbs. My stomach is not as bloated as when I eat Primal. My energy has been really good. My mood has been much better, and less irritable. I wake up earlier and most days more refreshed then when I am eating Primal and doing IF. I have had a little inflammation but not much. The only negative I can see besides my eating remorse is that my allergies have been a tad worse.

Why the positive reactions from eating so bad and for a sustained period of time? Perhaps I am producing more hormones that my body actually needs? Eating not enough calories on Primal?

I certainly won't continue to eat like this, but looking for some answers.

What are your thoughts?
    Another observation... I have dreamt alot more and they are very vivid dreams. There have been some people in my dreams that i haven't seen in YEARS. Better REM sleep?