Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: new journal, hopefully of progress page 6

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    not sure on tuna and eggs together lol

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Hmm tuna omelette sounds ok in theory but I don't think I would like it much either. But it was worth a try.

Banana and cocoa should be a good combination, maybe it would be better made into icecream (frozen and blended with cream and berries), or into mudcake or pancake (ie blended with egg and cooked in microwave or a buttered wafflemaker).

It is fun to experiment with primal ingredients for different results.
    Hi Annieh, yeah it was a bad move! I'll give those dessert ideas a go, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    not sure on tuna and eggs together lol
    yeah, don't try it! Do you ever watch that Justine Schofield cooking show on Ten (Everyday Gourmet)? I blame her. She made a tuna omelette once, gave me the idea. But of course one of the shows sponsors in Sirena. Evil!

B: large black coffee with coconut oil, apricot

L: baked potato with bolognaise, sour cream and guacamole. Made at a food court...the bolognaise wasn't too oily so I hope they didnt load it with vegie oil. Potatoes aren't ideal but I really wanted something substantial after last night's disgusting dinner.

D: t-bone steak with sauteed mushrooms (dripped in the rendered fat from the t-bone whilst it was resting), salad with avocado and fetta.

Exercise: walk over the overpass (40 stairs either side) over and back twice (so 80 ups and 80 down all up*) Enough to make my heart rate go up, my thighs burn and get all sweaty. Small steps - I'd like to build on this gradually.

Edit: actually its 80 up and 80 down for one trip over AND BACK, so I am starting with 2 trips so 160 ups and 160 down
    Last edited by katemary; 01-19-2013 at 04:24 AM. Reason: add exercise

Fuck it was hot today. Hottest recorded day in Sydney, 46 degrees.

B: large black coffee and coconut milk.
    It was too hot for eggs so I tried to find decent yoghurt near me but everything was 97% fat free, disgusted.

L: salad greens and lemon herb chicken and roasted capsicum

D: hmmmm went to movies with friend. actually, first I attended cocktails for a bday and I had a sip for the "happy birthday" cheers and ignored the rest. Then movies and saw Hitchcock - so good, I love Hitchcock films so it was fascinating. Anway, good idea to escape the furnace. Dinner - a burger place! OK so I had a great bacon and cheese burger on a gluten free bun and some herb covered fries. Later went for a coffee and had a flat white. However, whilst this is not ideal, this person I usually go for seriously bad food like pizza and the chatting nonstop part of the evening is usually accompanied by bottles and bottles of wine. So I did exercise some restraint! AND I am not diving into the chocolates or other shit haunting my cupboards. Sooo...I figure the occasional compromise for social reasons is a good way to test my will power.

God its hot. urch

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Man, I am jealous. I am freezing my arse here in the northern hemisphere and I just want some hot sun

And good for you for having fun and for making a good balance between social eating and PB!

It was an awful day with that heat yesterday. When I left for my exam, the cars thermometer read 47 degrees, at nearly 5 pm!
    It did drop quite rapidly over the next few hours though.

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Man, I am jealous. I am freezing my arse here in the northern hemisphere and I just want some hot sun

And good for you for having fun and for making a good balance between social eating and PB!
    Thanks sakura_girl, I have decided to confess my sins rather than going quiet for a while! It was an awesome burger and I hope the gluten free bun was a compromise. Sorry about the chill where you are. If it helps, I would swap in a heartbeat

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    It was an awful day with that heat yesterday. When I left for my exam, the cars thermometer read 47 degrees, at nearly 5 pm!
    It did drop quite rapidly over the next few hours though.
    47 is crazy. Actually 37 would normally be crazy! Glad both days over 40 were days I was in the office.

Slept in.

Brunch: a cheesy 2 egg omelette with 1/2 tomato and 1 rasher of bacon. Tea with splash of milk.

Coffee with splash of milk.

Dinner: lamb cutlets with sweet potato mash (mashed in chilli, garlic, ginger and lime (microwaved with the sweet potato so its all jammy and juicy - thanks Jamie Oliver).

Exercise: over the overpass and back x 2, so 160 up steps and 160 down.
    Last edited by katemary; 01-19-2013 at 04:25 AM. Reason: add exercise

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Whew, that is HOT. Your food sounds good, Katemary. As for exercise, I cant imagine doing any at all in those temps. Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Whew, that is HOT. Your food sounds good, Katemary. As for exercise, I cant imagine doing any at all in those temps. Best wishes.
    Yeah, hottest ever recorded. Thankfully it has dropped!

My food is very plain (since I used to live on sandwiches) but I am trying to experiment, thanks.

Spent a good deal of my spare time this weekend reading Richard Bandler's NLP techniques. I go through phaes with this sort of stuff. Be so nice if I could change by just changing the representations in my mind. If only I was conscious / accurate in detrmining how I represent some fears/anxiety to start!

Can't decide whether to meet friend for a Hitchcock retro (The Birds/Psycho) tonight. I love those movies, its just a lot of sitting on arse and then it will be late when I get home and weekend will be over. I feel like more random bumming about and pottering is needed before the next work week begins...

Quote Originally Posted by katemary View Post
    Spent a good deal of my spare time this weekend reading Richard Bandler's NLP techniques. I go through phaes with this sort of stuff. Be so nice if I could change by just changing the representations in my mind. If only I was conscious / accurate in detrmining how I represent some fears/anxiety to start!

Can't decide whether to meet friend for a Hitchcock retro (The Birds/Psycho) tonight. I love those movies, its just a lot of sitting on arse and then it will be late when I get home and weekend will be over. I feel like more random bumming about and pottering is needed before the next work week begins...
    What is NLP? Is there a book? Or a website?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast