Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: new journal, hopefully of progress page 5

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Its a shame if any significant part is bad science about nutrition. Or even others bits that ignore the effect of diet.

I used to be out that way, near Richmond. A lot hotter out there, I am sooo glad it rained today. I got caught in the downpour and loved it, just thinking about all the fires and families and livestock and firefighters...

I think I need to get proper measuring spoons! I had a guess at the bicarb, that may be the gross taste. I need a proper food processor too - but my kitchen is small

Brunch: tea and 3 egg cheesey ham omelette (ate half)

black coffee with 1 cm of milk

Dinner: spicy prawns with avocado and mango, ginger tea

First time I have cooked prawns. Got 700g crystal farm prawns. They were orange so I assume cooked? Shelled. Marinated in coconut oil, chilli, ginger and garlic and coriander stalks. Fried up and added coriander leaves and lemon at last minute. Added 1 small mango diced and half avocado to half of them.

I have no radar for meal sizes with seafood for some reason. Who knows what 700 g whole prawns equals once shelled etc. I hope half was a reasonable meal size. Will have it again tomorrow night, I imagine it is something I can't freeze....

Oh - bought my first pair of vibrams today! I just picked the size as too hard to fiddle with in the store. I thought I would break a finger getting them on, I hope it gets easier! Haven't taken them off yet...

and for documentation sake, current supplements:

Morning - multivitamin, Telfast (antihistamine), 2 liver cleanse tablets, krill oil

Night - 2 liver cleanse tablets, 1 kelp, magnesium - currently powder form with sour cherry, by a naturopath brand but I think I'll revert to tablets.

I spent a lot of time this weekend reloading all my CDs onto itunes (computer broke at same time as ipod so I lost the lot months ago, and miss some of my fav tracks). I was more selective this time - skipped the CDs I don't love (just selecting the song or two I like), not downloading the B sides of singles and only choosing songs I like from mix CDs. I found shuffle was a PIA before because there were too many unknown songs.
    What I did find interesting is albums from my teen years I loved every song. I think growing up with records, or maybe more so - tapes - you tended to listen to the entire album. Not that way anymore, too easy to skip to next song or just download the songs you like, shame, I imagine a lot of god music gets missed because you don't give it a chance to grow on you.

anyway, with a freshly loaded ipod and vibrams, I cant wait to walk home from work tomorrow!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    YAY for vibrams i have some but have just been wearing nike frees for a while, will go back to them soon.
    So are you still out this way?

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    YAY for vibrams i have some but have just been wearing nike frees for a while, will go back to them soon.
    So are you still out this way?
    I love them! I am like a five year old who won't take off her fairy costume to go to bed!

No, I am in St Leonards now.

Hey - where did you buy your coconut butter and macadamia butter?

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member

B: left over omelette (1/3 yesterdays) large black coffee no coco oil today just couldnt face it.

L: crazy. I took a staff member to lunch. No primalish things on menu - all sandiwiches and burgers and pasta and schnitzel. So I ordered the grilled chicken burger, intending to ditch the bun. I took the top off and started eating and realised I had eaten 1/3 bottom bun and a bunch of fries with BBQ sauce, without even thinking about it. Damn! Force of habit, I wasn't even thinking. Once I realised I stuck to the chicken and avo etc but...geez.

D: lefteovers again. Spicy prawns with mango and avocado. Yum.

I am proud of myself for being more appropriate about leftovers. Usually I don't feel like the same meal the next day and by the next day I am suspicious its off so I chuck it. What a waste. Now I tell myself to grow up and just eat it, lol.

Exercise: 35 min walk in my new vibrams. Loved it!
    Last edited by katemary; 01-14-2013 at 02:49 AM. Reason: add exercise

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Thank you!

B:boiled egg large blck coffee with cocount oil

L: chicken tenderlions in a tomato/olivey sauce, bits of greens, roast beetroot

D: massive T bone steak and a salad with fetta and balsamic

B: large black coffee, boiled egg
    L: rotisserie chicken breast with skin and steamed veg (cauli, broc, bok choy)

D: 4 egg omelette with guts of tomato, tasty cheese and tuna, sprinkled with spring onions.
    Not sure I liked it. Have left overs, deciding whether to chuck them , tuna and spring onion is a bit much for breaky, and I don't think I like tuna on omelette. I was going to make my tuna bolognaise, then I felt like a cheesy omelette, this was my bright idea.

Because I feel a bit gross, instead of brushing my teeth I made a small bananna sprinkled with cocoa. Not sure I love that either.

Best I go brush my teeth before I eat something else to block the memory of my dinner/taste.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Hmm tuna omelette sounds ok in theory but I don't think I would like it much either. But it was worth a try.

Banana and cocoa should be a good combination, maybe it would be better made into icecream (frozen and blended with cream and berries), or into mudcake or pancake (ie blended with egg and cooked in microwave or a buttered wafflemaker).

It is fun to experiment with primal ingredients for different results.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast