Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: new journal, hopefully of progress page 4

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    It was 42 C (108 F) in Sydney today! Geez it was hot..

supplements with water and 2 tbsp ACV
    B: boiled egg, large black coffee with 1 tbsp coconut oil
    L: grilled salmon and steamed cauli and broccoli
    D: fried veal and brocolli with an avocado sauce

I need to get my avo sauce perfected. I couldn't find a recipe for one for chicken and lamb, only the salsa kind of avo sauces. I fried the well seasoned on really hot pan, when finished added water to deglaze and chucked in cream, bit of left over sour cream, small chunk of chopped up coriander, thyme, garlic salt and splash of lemon. It was nice but I wish I knew the recipe of my local Italian that does pollo avocado - its creamy but has hints of something so it isnt too bland. hmmm.

I have the energy to go out but it is still 40 C outside (hot winds too) and apparently will still be way over 30 at midnight.

discomfort and bloating last night. wonder if that was a reaction to all the cream.

supps with ACV in water

B: long black with 1+ tbs coconut oil. boiled egg

L: client thing and limited options. Chose the chicken mushroom and spinach rissotto, client wanted herb bread so had to put a piece on my plate and just nibbled it. Hardly ate any rissotto - mainly picked out the chicken and mushroom

D: hmm, was meant to be bolognaise on grilled eggplant but I had a brain fart and shopped for a minestrone or something, so sat down with the news chopping up onion, celery, carrot, green capsicum. Really. Sweated it off and had this half wok of vegies before I actually thought - this aint bolognaise. Mass of meat too - wanted pork and beef mince so 1 kg combined. So I then browned the meat, chocked the veg back in, tinned tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, chilli. So I don't know what it is but there is shit loads. Forced me to clean out freezer of bad xmas period food and old (failed) stews so I have room to freeze it. It will be a healthy easy meal I spose.

supps with water + ACV

B: ham and 2 poached eggs, large long black with coconut oil

L: salmon with balsamic, a tuna/tomato salad, a celery/apple salad and a pumpkin, asparagus frittata slice. randoms salads, ignored the sandwiches on offer

black earl grey with coconut oil

D: left overs from last night (bologanise-like thingy) with cheese melted on top. an apricot.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Oh you are in Sydney too! What area?
    I am in Western Sydney. Will have a read through your journal now.

Hey Ayla, I am near North Sydney. What about you?

supps with water and ACV

B: cheese omelette and larg eblack coffee with coconut oil

L: kebab plate - the lamb and chicken and hommus and tabouli and tomato. Didn't eat much.

D: made a green chicken curry wth brocolli, squash, snow peas on cauliflower rice. I used a jar green curry paste for the first time. It is quick and makes a tasty meal, probably a good option when I am tempted tp get take away.

The paste ingredients are: shallot, lemongrass, sunflower oil*, chilli, garlic, galangal, water, saly, shrimp paste, kaffir lime peel, coriander seed, acid. I know the oil is ideal but I use about a tablespoon of the paste per serve, so I figure I shouldn't let perfection ruin a nice tasty alternative. I do get a bit sick of my plain meats for dinner. I need to experiment a bit more with sauces, also I keep intending to go to asian supermarket to buy fresh ingredients to make up a fresh green curry paste and freeze it. Then I can control the oil that goes in. This will do for now and then.

I am out in Western Sydney, SAHM with 2 boys, (5 and 2.5) and studying via distance learning to be a naturopath. How about you?

Hey Ayla - Where West? Inner, north etc? How are the Naturopath studies? I have a friend starting that and I was surprised it takes 3 years. Is it all CW so far or is it a bit more open minded?

Brunch: 3 poached eggs oozing onto shaved ham and rare roast beef.

Dinner: left iver green chicken curry on cauliflower rice.

I made Fat Bread today. It tastes awful. I was sad because I was superexcited to add more fat to diet and be able to have something to have eggs or meat on occasionally. I even tried to smother it in vegemite to see if it tasted better but I don't think it can be saved. I just used a mini blender on raw macadamia nuts and shredded coconut, so maybe its because I didn't have proper butter of each. Nor did I have a processor so maybe its the way I added the lemon and baking soda. Disappointed.

The nutrition info was CW. But all the rest is OK so far, but am only on to unit 2/24 LOL.
    But I love that Naturopathy, is all about stimulating the bodies own ability to heal itself, and addressing all issues, including diet, so I will be teaching people about primal

Ooh dear sounds like something went wrong with that fat bread, I quite liked the taste.

I am out towards Penrith, but not quite that far

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast