Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: new journal, hopefully of progress page 3

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Don't defer until the New Year. It is hard to keep away from the booze around this time, try stay clean Sunday to Friday at least.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Good food, katemary. Are you enjoying it?
    Hi Annie. Umm, I don't often look forward to it, nor do I see it as comfort food. But I feel good after eating it. I think I need to expand my cooking skills. In the meantime, my meals are pretty basic. Thanks for stopping by.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielfire View Post
    Don't defer until the New Year. It is hard to keep away from the booze around this time, try stay clean Sunday to Friday at least.
    That is very true! I can have immaculate eating for 5 1/2 days, badnes for 1 1/2 days, and put on 1 kg for my efforts. It is very easy to give up until New Years!

Hope you are enjoying that site

B: large black coffee. omelette cheese and tomato - half at 9 am, half at 6pm - lets see how that works out because it sat on my desk all day! (of course the day I say no more breakfast I wake up hungry)

L: steak with some curry rub, yoghurty dressing and roast pumpkin

D: barbeque chicken with laziest salad - grated lettuce beetroot carrot and zucchini, with chunks of avocado
    Last edited by katemary; 12-04-2012 at 02:20 AM.

B: large black coffee, boiled egg
    L: grilled salmon, steamed broc and cauli
    D: left over chicken salad with bean sprouts, peas, asparagus and avocado

contemplating having berries and cream too...

was contemplating best fri solution is to IF

then something bad happened at work and did IF all day

then...true to useless form, decided to drink to block it out

i am hopeless
    Last edited by katemary; 12-06-2012 at 03:23 AM.

Yay, and by the next week, with xmas lunches and client functions and catchin up with friends, I just drank shitloads and ate what I wanted and decided to "wait until the new year". Awesome, I do that every year.

I need to remind myself that I had the same recurring resolution for 15 years to give up smoking, and finally did 3 years ago. I have only been chunky for less than ten years, so...

Anyway, so 150 cm and 93 kg, I am officially morbidly obese I discover as I was enticed by those fucking nasty BMI calculators. Why the fuck did I plug those numbers in? Gross.

OK, now or never I guess. I did so well in 2010 on PB and had motivation and rarely strayed - I think I am all or nothing and need to be strict, no grey areas, I don't do well with sliding rules. Also, from looking at my journals, alcohol is a big factor, I need to just stop. I could easily slide into deeper depression, give up completely, keep gaining weight (start wearing mu muus), and drink myself to death instead, but I will give the get back to healthy path a decent shot first. I wish it wasnt so long a journey, the end seems impossible...

and stress. I need to do something about all the shitheads in my life I cannot avoid. Like a hitman, get a group discount. Or at least channel that energy into punching, kicking and screaming...or at least lifting heavy shit. No more am I going to let them drive me to despair, shrouded in 2 bottles of wine and shit hangover food the next day. They will not win.

I cant believe two years have passed since I lost 15 kg (whilst giving up smoking), I am worse than where I started. If only I had kept it going I would be ideal weight now. Erch. I need to remind myself of that thought..and how quickly time passes.

I want to be at a beach resort in a bikini this time next year. (I am pretty sure I typed those same words last year...fuck it).

Grrr, OK hopefully here's kicking off to a better 2013.

Anyway

Been away, ate really fresh organic foods, lots of fish and veg, a few legumes and sneaky bits in there (resort had largely set menu) but I said no to alcohol and nibblies and didn't have crap when I got home last night** under the guise of a last hoorah before the work year starts, so that is a start.

** to make up for lack of primal oomph, specifically, red meat, when I got home I had about 8 lamb cutlets. No attempt at veg or anything, just dead animal. Mmmm it filled the gap.
    Last edited by katemary; 01-05-2013 at 02:48 AM. Reason: ** add

Sat 5th

Slept in.

Fried bacon, egg and tomato with Italian herbs for brunch, white tea

Dinner - massive steak, peas, potato with sour cream and shallots

Last day of my holiday, slept in.

Brunch: 2 poached eggs on shaved ham, black coffee

1/2 tbs coconut oil
    Water with 2 tbs ACV

Dinner: steak and baked potatoes with sour cream and shallots, peas with fresh mint

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    started taking tablets with 2 tbs ACV in water

B: omelette with (miniscule amounts of) cheese, bacon and tomato. large black coffee with 1 tsp coconut oil
    L: teriyaki salmon with roasted red capsicum and largely ignoring the massive amount of lettuce it came with
    D: veal with bacon, mushy, onion cream sauce and broccolli. splash of worcestershire sauce in the sauce.

few berries

something bad happened at work along with a fight with a guy I was kind of seeing so I spent about 3 hours seriously arguing internally about coming home and getting drunk. still fighting it a bit.plus, I have left over mint slice bikkies in the fridge so evil brain is also trying to convince me I am allowed to have those as a second prize instead of getting hammered. aaarghh...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast