Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: new journal, hopefully of progress page 2

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    ok, so thank a work function that ended up being very boozy, massive hangover next day made it hard to stick to primal, then decided to have the weekend off...3 weeks later, sigh.

B: large black coffee, poached eggs and ham
    L: grilled salmon and steamed broc and cauliflower
    D: veal with mush, bacon and onion cream sauce (bit of wostershire) mashed pumpkin

B: large black coffee, cheese omelette
    L: salad greens with minute steak, roasted capsicum and onion jam
    D: same as last night, plus brocollini

A new place near work called Vitality opened, it serves high protein, low carb, no sugar meals. My lunch was great and they said the onion jam was made from agave or something not sugar. The steak was cooked when ordered so the juices all over the greens was yummy. I am looking forward to trying their breakfast options tomorrow. The great surprise was that they sell PB and Ferriss' book! Yay, a food outlet based on Primal.

B: large black coffee, bacon eggs and spinach
    L: grilled teriyaki salmon, greens and roasted peppers
    D: chicken with creamy avocado sauce, broc, beans and peas (normally comes with potato and carrot, they must know I am being good when I order chicken rather than pizza, bless them)

B: large black coffee, strawberries blackberries and greek yoghurt
    L: lamb curry, tiny bit of rice, salad and roast sweet potato. no idea what was in the curry but fresh made
    D: tried to make my tuna and sweet potato cakes. Used parsley and coriander I am growing, red onion, s potato, tuna and egg. The cakes fell apart so fried the mess, dumped into bowl and added avocado, lemon and a cup of peas.

strawberry, blueberries, coconut and cream, mainly to get rid of tuna taste, blech.

Friday started good with a cheesy omelette, but went for lunch with my team and we stayed and drank til midnight, with associated bad foods. Hangover Sat was met with whatever I wanted, gateway to another big night, repeat. My patterns are pretty clear - I can't have one drink = many = at least a few days off track.

Monday I did ok despite hangover. Salmon and steamed broc and cauliflower for lunch and veal parmegiani with green veg for dinner..

B: large black coffee with coconut milk, boiled egg.
    L: canned salmon, salad and small roasted sweet potato
    D: lamb cutlets, grilled zucchini and eggplant and 1/4 avocado

B: large black coffee and omelette with almost non existant cheese bacon and tomato
    large black coffee with coconut milk
    L: chicken breast and skin (rotisserie) small bit of salad small bits of roast veg
    D: chicken avocado with random greens and veg from local Italian.

Need to stop dropping buy Italian on way home. It seems to be just meat and veg but I don't know what oils they use and even thought they bulk up the veg for me and don't put in too much potato, I don't know how they cook them and snow peas carrots and beans are not ideal. also wonder what is in their sauces, for example parmegiani sauce the other night - what if it is based on store tomato sauce and full of sugar and nasty oils. Still, better than pizza but I should make more of an effort. It was 9 pm tonight thought, I can't bear the thought of cooking at that time

B: large black coffee, 2 boiled eggs
    another large black coffee
    L: chicken with tomato and cheese sauce and salad
    D: breadless steak sandwich - steak, caramelised onion, fried tomato, beetroot and cheese wrapped in lettuce
    blueberries coconut and cream

At least I am consistent. Friday was mighty fine until Friday night when I had a split second decision between going home to tuna salad and a yoga DVD and going out for pizza and wine. Lots of wine.

Saturday I slept til 4pm but had another night out and the only food was really crackers and cheese ...more wine.

Sunday I slept even later til 5pm. Rice pudding (of all things) when I woke and then at least had veal parma and veg for dinner. Someone here said their rule is to make sure they follow a fail with a primal meal, I need to do that, I don't make the best choices when drinking or when hungover.

So, drinking is clearly my problem. I know it sounds like an excuse but work is so stressful, sometimes after a week of being good (esp with no evidence of that) I just want to hang out with friends and not think about being the party pooper, or collapse with a stack of DVDs a pizza and wine. I know I can't progress if I keep up this pattern. It is so hard around Christmas too. Its not even so much the social pressure - I can be good at *pretending* to drink holding the same drink for hours. Sometimes I really really want to drink. Given I used to drink almost every night, I guess it is an improvement. Oh well, clean week and see how to think clearly at the end of the week.

B: large black coffee
    L: grilled salmon with steamed cauliflower and broccolli
    D: lamb cutlets, grilled eggpant and asparagus

I am going to not eat breakfast for a while. Let my body snack on fat reserves a bit longer. I am rarely hungry then anyway.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Good food, katemary. Are you enjoying it?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast