Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help designing a meal plan... page 3

Bosstycoon is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    here is my diet plan i follow 6 days a week with a refeed from friday night-sat night

Meal 1- 4 eggs, 4 bacon, .25 cup olive oiul. 85 gram spinach. all cooked in the bacon grease
    Meal 2- Protein shake with 3 tablespoon MCT oil
    Meal 3- 8oz meat, 2 cups veggies
    Meal 4- Protein shake
    Meal 5- 8oz meat and 2 cup veggies

Somedays I only eat 3 meals somedays I fast to get me into keto faster
    Started Primal November 20, 2011
    Slipped from Christmas-New Years
    January 2, 2012 until Death= 100% Primal/Paleo

Start Weight-210
    Goal Weight-Skinny with a 6 pack and lean all around

Journal.... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread44612.html

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosstycoon View Post
    here is my diet plan i follow 6 days a week with a refeed from friday night-sat night

Meal 1- 4 eggs, 4 bacon, .25 cup olive oiul. 85 gram spinach. all cooked in the bacon grease
    Meal 2- Protein shake with 3 tablespoon MCT oil
    Meal 3- 8oz meat, 2 cups veggies
    Meal 4- Protein
    Meal 5- 8oz meat and 2 cup veggies

Somedays I only eat 3 meals somedays I fast to get me into keto faster
    I don't think she has time to prepare 5 meals a day, good lord!

Plus, you missed the entire point of my first post about her CW hang-up with the lipid hypothesis.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    First, how many calories does she eat and how many meals? Because that will help.

In addition, "CW levels" puts "low fat diets" at 30% from fat or less. Which means you can basically put her in the "zone" with low-glycemic carbohydrates and moderate protein, and she should be able to get keto.

I would also look at olive oil and coconut oil as the main sources of "added fat" -- since these are currently touted in CW as "healthy fats" -- so she'll feel comfortable with it.

From there, I would focus on fish, seafood, and then chicken and lean beef.

Roasting the whole chicken creates a healthier chicken overall (you can talk to her about the minerals and anti-biotic/microbial/viral attributes of cooking the chicken with skin and bone, but just not to eat the skin. She can even focus on only eating the white meat, then making broths with the remainder, and then straining it so that she's getting all of the nutrition (and protein mostly) without the fats in the bone broth. She can even scoop off the fat if she wants (we don't, but hey, whatever floats a boat).

She'll do quite well with white fish -- doesn't even have to be the oily stuff -- if she is eating comfortably of her olive and coconut oils, really. And it should do the trick for her overall.

Keep her in salads and fresh steamed veggies, and then fruit 1-2 pieces/servings a day if she'd like.

It should work.
    She said that she's less concerned about the fat percentage in her diet than she is about the type of fats (low saturated fat levels for sure), and the amount of cholesterol she intakes. So that opens things up a LITTLE bit? Maybe?

Bosstycoon is offline Senior Member
    woops sorry. Been browsing threads a little to fast as Im all hyped on reading post lol. Well sorry i dont have to much background research on lipid hypo but i heard its just a myth. and she cant reach keto without having high fat in this diet. I follow the Cyclical Ketogenic Diet..

ps what is CW? current weight? i see it everywhere but just havent found the simple definition haha newbie..
    Started Primal November 20, 2011
    Slipped from Christmas-New Years
    January 2, 2012 until Death= 100% Primal/Paleo

Start Weight-210
    Goal Weight-Skinny with a 6 pack and lean all around

Journal.... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread44612.html

Conventinal wisdom.

Which I see that you are still struggling with with your need to eat five to six meals a day.

Fasting FTW.

Why would you try to put together a keto diet using CW fat guidelines? Makes no sense. Sounds as though the very premise is half-assed.

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    I don't want to be Debbie Downer, but for me to stay in ketosis there is absolutely. no. way. that I can include grains and sugars. For me to be in ketosis, I need less than 30 g carbs per day total. One serving of rice is about 45 grams. A slice of bread is somewhere between 25-30 grams.

Plus, only consuming olive oil all day, every day would feel just awful after a while. Diversity is good.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you need to outline what it takes to stay in ketosis. Then she can decide how she wants to proceed. I hear your frustration. My family will not even try. My mother's last word on the subject was 'your way of eating is too much trouble'. So you are heading in the right direction. Don't give up.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    Maybe you need to outline what it takes to stay in ketosis. Then she can decide how she wants to proceed. I hear your frustration. My family will not even try. My mother's last word on the subject was 'your way of eating is too much trouble'. So you are heading in the right direction. Don't give up.
    Cooking pasta actually takes MORE time than cooking up a perfect primal omelet or a steak, or some pork chops, or... Well, you get the point. Too much trouble indeed.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    lol...trust me I understand. Not to mention how much trouble it is to be sick all the time.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123