Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just not feeling it. page 3

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by meeshar View Post
    Did he have conscious sedation? I felt off-kilter for a while after my EP study (they were planning to ablate during the procedure, but couldn't recreate the arrhythmia), and often wonder if it wasn't due to the CS medications. I was horribly irritable after the procedure (I even got into a heated argument with my cardiologist and father-in-law, which is VERY out-of-character for me) and though it's not supposed to last long afterward, it seemed like it took me a while to get back to normal.
    He was not unconscious during the procedure. They threaded some instrument into his femoral artery and into his heart and zapped some cells. He watched it on the computer monitor. His arrhythmia was not a dangerous kind. It was an elective procedure. He's not even sure if it worked. He's had some chest pain since the procedure, which I'm sure has only made him even more irritable since he had so much hope this procedure would fix everything. A friend of ours also had the same arrhythmia and also isn't sure it worked. It seems weird to me that you can't tell if something worked, but I guess the body is a mysterious thing.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Credodisi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
    Thanks for all the support. I am going to look at Paleotrack today and see if I can start tweaking my intake. So if normal carbs is 60%, what optimal for us? All good suggestions. Thanks all...have a great week! Mr. C

People are all over the board with their ratios around here and I would not presume to try to tell you want would be best for you. I'm trying to stay around 15% carbs, 25% protein and 60% fat. But I'm a 50 year old female trying to lose the last 10 - 15 lbs.

Just track what you are currently eating for a week and then make small adjustments. I do think you might want to increase Or decrease your carbs to feel better. If you search the forum on carbs... You will find ALOT of opinions and interesting reading...

Also mind your potassium and sodium intake to make sure you are not too low as well.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Mr C - how you doing ??? has any of this been helpful ???? especially the above comment !!!! LOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Mr.C is offline Junior Member
    I have not done much exercising at all. I have started walking more, but I haven't been lifting. It has been a trial to get back my endurance after my heart procedure. I just need to make time and do it.
    thanks for your help. Mr.C

Dear sbhikes...
    I am sorry that your friend is having difficulties. This afib thing is a nightmare for the patient and for loved ones. I had suffered for years with afib and I am sure that I put my wife and family through hell. I was put under general anesthesia and it took me a while to get back to normal. I was under for about 4 1/2 hours I believe. Anesthesia is no joke. That stuff can be some serious s--t! I wish you and your boyfriend both a speedy recovery.

Mr. C

I am beginning to tweak my intake of everything. Thanks for your response. Mr.C

NZ Primal Gwamma...thanks for the follow up. I am doing well. I'm still not where I'm supposed to be yet, or wait, I guess I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be because that's where I am. Anyway, I will continue this process and try and enjoy the journey . I'm working the program, I'm taking baby steps. Thanks for your support. Mr. C

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well done Mr C - just keep at it, and yes baby steps are always a good option
    take very good care
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123