Thread: Fasting Question page

Ollie is offline Senior Member

Fasting Question

Shop Now
    If my daily calorie needs are 2,000 and I skip breakfast and lunch and just have my evening meal is the idea to catch up on calories in that one sitting?

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    That depends on what your goals are. If you're trying to lose weight, I would cut back a little. If it's just for health reasons, eat until satisfied.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    ^^^ That.

Plus, (I don't have it handy but maybe someone does) there was an article that said something about how you can "lose" up to 14% of the meal's calories when you eat hearty after a fast.

Anyone know what/where the article was?

kmc
    kmc is offline Member
    Fasting is a fine method for controlling daily calorie intake, just make sure that meal is still healthy with a good amount of veggies. Pigging out at one meal can cause gastric distress, so if you don't get enough fiber, it's a good way to clog yourself up...

Check out Leangains and Eat Stop Eat if you're interested in specific fasting protocols!
    My Journal
    Fat Kid Turned Personal Trainer, Nutrition + Lifestyle Coach
    http://www.kentmccannfitness.com to contact me!
    Also on Twitter, FB, and Fitocracy!

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Start by eating until you're satisfied. If you are losing or putting on more weight than your goals merit, then add or drop calories a bit as necessary.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    I found that my hands were getting cold in the hours leading up to dinner, so now I deliberately have cream (and dessert) with dinner for an extra jolt of calories.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

KeihBarro is offline Junior Member
    I would cut back a little

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Remember that calories are best counted as averaged over a week or two, so if you're a little low, but satisfied, then you should be fine. It's easy to go over a different day if you feel you need to.

Ollie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tradawg View Post
    That depends on what your goals are. If you're trying to lose weight, I would cut back a little. If it's just for health reasons, eat until satisfied.
    For the most part I'm trying to gain weight, but I don't believe being in a constant surplus to be particularly healthy so thought I'd inject aome fasting evey now and then. Would this mean I should try catch up on calories if I did the fast?