Thread: How bad is a little sugar?

Threaded View

How bad is a little sugar?

I started a thread a few days ago asking for help with going Primal while recovering from an eating disorder (binge/restriction) I read a lot of helpful info and the basic summary of most of the info was as someone who has a disorder relationship with food, I should be careful restricting foods since it can be a slippery slope. I've been eating primal foods for about a year now, I don't do grains, sugar or the bad oils, I eat mostly organic meats, eggs and veggies, no fruit aside from tomatoes, avocados, and lemon in my water. I do however really enjoy coffee, it's part of how I enjoy starting my day. I drink 1 of those canned Starbucks Doubleshot espresso drinks every morning. They have 19 grams of carbs, 18 of it is sugar. The ingredients are not great, but they aren't too terrible they have espresso, cream, milk, sugar (not HFCS, but actual sugar), and asorbic acid. I don't consume any other sugar all day, is this going to impede my weight loss efforts? I've heard cinnamon can help reduce insulin spikes, so would it be beneficial to add cinnamon to the coffee to cause less of a blood sugar impact? Should I just count it as my 20% and quit worrying?
    Last edited by ar0e; 10-14-2012 at 01:48 PM.