Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water Weight, Bloating and Sodium page 2

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by drnemer View Post
    well, how about if i get a potassium supplement? i know the primal life is about natural choices but i think I would have less stress if i added potassium by liquid or tablet than having to reconfigure my already difficult primal college fitness diet
    You could try that. It's a relatively safe supplement to use since it's hard to get too much potassium. You CAN overdo it if your sodium levels are low, but it seems that this is not at ALL a problem for you. And even then, I've read that early humans are suspected to have achieved a 12 to 1 ratio of potassium to sodium, so you are likely not in any danger.

If you still notice issues even on the supplements, then try lowering sodium intake as a next step as well.

Beyond that, if you still have lots of water bloating, you may have other issues going on.
    Last edited by Drumroll; 10-15-2012 at 02:51 PM.

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    If you're eating in a college dining hall, they're probably using some really high omega-6 oils in their cooking... that might be responsible for the bloating! After I eat a meal high in salt I will be very thirsty and have heartburn...too much salt is bad for me, and I can feel it. So it could be related to sodium, too...I wouldn't start taking a potassium supplement, just eat more salad, potatoes, banana...

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Go for it. I take a potassium supplement, too.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

drnemer is offline Member
    Which is best for me Potassium Citrate, Potassium Iodide, Potassium Chelate or Potassium Gluconate? What brand do you prefer by the way?

Fitness Wayne is offline Senior Member
    I also have a similar experience. When I eat a large meal my stomach sticks out a little and my six pack is less visible. It doesn't happen for small or medium sized meals and I haven't noticed any difference based on salt intake, just size of meal.

drnemer is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitness Wayne View Post
    I also have a similar experience. When I eat a large meal my stomach sticks out a little and my six pack is less visible. It doesn't happen for small or medium sized meals and I haven't noticed any difference based on salt intake, just size of meal.
    For me the same. it has a lot to do with the size of the meal and how fast i eat it. perhaps I should eat lighter and spread out more. But I get large appetites.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12