Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visual Impact Muscle Building page

drnemer is offline Member

Visual Impact Muscle Building

Primal Fuel
    Anyone here like me who are using Rusty Moore's book Visual Impact Muscle Building and following a primal low carb diet?

I am on Phase III and trying to cut down on my fat to get a six pack. So far I have been very successful because I coupled the workout and primal lifestyle, as well as IF.

I was just wondering if anyone else is doing this too?

Extreme Health Radio is offline Junior Member
    I've never done it. I'm always changing up my diet and workouts so this might be a healthy change for me. I get bored easily in the gym. Right now I'm doing the 5x5 workouts from Stronglifts but feel like I might switch it up for a while. Glad I ran across this.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    I did purchase the program and learned from it. I never did the program as outlined for long enough to test it out, but I do incorporate some principles from it. For example, more volume with lighter weights and higher carbs when I want hypertrophy and higher weight lower reps and lower carbs when cutting.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    I tried it before I crashed and we discovered my pituitary gland problems, and honestly, it's pure bullcrap.
    Bodybuilding bro-science as its finest, too much useless volume of training and false assumptions about "sarcoplasmic", "myofibrillar" hypertrophy and such stuff.

Just follow PB and Mark's philosophy about Fitness, Mark looks better than Rusty Moore hands down btw with less exercise.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    I have read it (I like reading all sorts of lifting stuff) and like Daydreamer said, it's a bit bro-sciency.
    Didn't try it, so I can't say whether it's good/bad. Glad that it is working for you.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

I disagree. I find it to be very healthy. I don't think it is Bodybuilding bro-science at all. I got great results from it.. But to each his own.
    Last edited by drnemer; 10-23-2012 at 12:43 PM.

i did hypertrophy with lower carbs. it worked well. i lost weight but built muscle. It is was odd. I lost 10 pounds in 2 in a half months but my arms and chest increasted in size and i went from benching 155 to 200.

The way I see it is that it is a good model and I adapt to it to my lifestyle.

@IcarianVX what or who's workout plan you following? Right now I am trying to cut down on fat and go from 13% body fat to below 10% but keep the muscle. I already follow paleo strictly. I been eating around 60 carbs a day with one day where i eat 200 carbs so i cycle it and i been eating about 1600 calories a day and fasting 20 hours twice a week. i lost 7 lbs in three weeks but i still don't have the abs i want.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drnemer View Post
    @IcarianVX what or who's workout plan you following? Right now I am trying to cut down on fat and go from 13% body fat to below 10% but keep the muscle. I already follow paleo strictly. I been eating around 60 carbs a day with one day where i eat 200 carbs so i cycle it and i been eating about 1600 calories a day and fasting 20 hours twice a week. i lost 7 lbs in three weeks but i still don't have the abs i want.
    I don't follow any particular workout plan. I followed different plans for different things over the past 15 years or so. Some worked well, some didn't. Just like with diet, people respond differently to different types of training. I do well with very high volume and lighter weights. Whenever I did ME days on westside I wound up hurting something, most of the time. It wasn't my strength that was an issue, it was either joints or connective tissue that limited my training. My elbows are completely hosed for the rest of my life from doing too many heavy weighted tricep extensions.
    Most of the time I just wing it. I will start with 100 reps, usually broken into 4 or 5 sets, of a compound exercise like bench, squats, bb rows, etc. After that it depends on what I feel like doing, upper or lower. It usually works out in the end and the upper vs. lower numbers even out. Some weeks its all lower, some all upper, some a mix.
    Cutting the fat, for me, is 95% diet and 5% training. I could work out 7 days a week and it would make very little difference. You may be different, but I can't put too much stock in lifting to help with bodyfat numbers. It does help a lot with physique enhancement and making your shirt fit differently.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think that a plan that is designed in order to help you get the same kind of physique is Adonis Index.
    It's very well thought and more science-based.

Yes you can have great results with Visual Impact, but I think you could have the same results if not better with a bit less volume. To me, 2x 15 sets per muscle groups, 3 muscle groups per session weekly is really useless.
    Hypertrophy comes with strength to a certain extent, unless you're a very advanced lifter (3 years +)
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast