Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The magic bullet page

Tabula Rasa is offline Junior Member

The magic bullet

Primal Fuel
    Along with trying to find a dependable slow cooker, looking for a good smoothie maker. Has anyone used the magic bullet? Pros/cons/alternatives? thx!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I have the cheapie Walmart version of the Magic Bullet. I had to return the first one because it broke, but the second one has lasted over a year and it works fine. Fruit smoothies and whipping air into eggs for scrambled eggs are what I use it for most. For green smoothies, I use a regular blender, but mostly because when I make green smoothies, I make a larger quantity.

It cost $18.99. Not sure what the original Magic Bullet sells for.

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    I have the Cuisinart Smart Stick but haven't used it for smoothies. I like it; quite powerful. Pretty colors.

I use our Ninja blender, too. Pain in the ass to clean up. I think I'll try the Smart Stick next time

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

catholicchick is offline Senior Member
    I have the Cuisinart Smart Stick too (in blue) and I use it for smoothies all the time - works great. My husband - the chef - is fearful the blades are going to go dull due to breaking up the ice, but for $19, we can get another one. Btw it hasn't gone dull yet, we bought it last Christmas.
    Height - 5'8"
    SW - 191
    CW - 162
    GW - 155

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Chris_H is offline Senior Member
    My magic bullet doesn't get much use anymore. I have an immersion blender now, that I much prefer. THe magic bullet works ok, but it really doesn't have as much ice crushing power as a typical canister blender. I have been through two bases, and both failed at the drive gear.
    Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
    SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
    CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

twa2w is offline Senior Member
    Well, they are not cheap but a vitamix. or vitamix clone. is awesome for smoothies, soups, ice cream, crushing ice etc. Lasts forever to. Comes with a 7 year warranty. Yes they honor it.
    Just don't try to chop big bones or spoons with it.
    Easy to clean if you follow instructions and do it right away. Deals can be had from time to time at costco demonstrations.

PrimalMama is online now Senior Member
    The people I know who have a magic bullet either use it only occasionally, or it breaks/burns out after a few months... I'm not sure what kind of warranty it has?
    The peeps I know who use a blender every day have all found it worthwhile to save up for one of the "serious" brands, and see it as an investment in their health... but *shrug* I'm of the "buy once, buy well" ilk... therefore I'd recommend saving up for a vitamix or a blendtec. I have a blendtec and it's awesome - cleanup is EASY (easiest if you do it right away)... I've done smoothies, ice cream, soups.... etc.

Quote Originally Posted by twa2w View Post
    Well, they are not cheap but a vitamix. or vitamix clone. is awesome for smoothies, soups, ice cream, crushing ice etc. Lasts forever to. Comes with a 7 year warranty. Yes they honor it.
    Just don't try to chop big bones or spoons with it.
    Easy to clean if you follow instructions and do it right away. Deals can be had from time to time at costco demonstrations.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    I'm pretty sure the Magic Bullet got panned on the Shopping Bags.

SeanC is offline Member
    Funny, I have had my magic bullet for over a year now and it Rocks! However I only make smoothies with it and has not given me a problem one. I got the deluxe set at Cosco at a good price. For producr reviews try Consumer Reviews & Product Ratings – Viewpoints.com

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Just a note on Magic Bullet type blenders for Bulletproof coffee. They seem to form a vacuum with very hot liquids like coffee, and I only used it twice for that and had to go back to my regular blender. But it still works great for adding air into scrambled eggs, or making one "adult" fruit smoothie (i.e. vodka + any fruit).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast