Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shifting from paleo back to a "normal healthy live" ?! page 2

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
    I am from Germany, too, and I know how hard it is to be the single primal person around. Anyone is eating bread, pasta and potatoes. All love cake and cookies and other sweets. They can't and they don't want to understand that this could be bad for you. And of course most people don't cook from scratch anymore. Glad to hear your mom does, which will help a lot.
    Try to get a healthy breakfast with eggs (cheap and tasty!) or maybe Quark or high fat yoghurt with fruit and nuts, and try to limit bread and grains. Don't worry about the burger or pizza if you go out with your friends. And don't worry about gras-fed. If your mom buys meat at the butcher it even might be gras-fed sometimes. If she buys at the supermarket chances will be minimal.
    PM me if you have questions or want to talk a little bit about primal living in Germany (but I am not an expert, just trying to get along, too)
    Why do people lump potatoes together with bread and pasta. There's nothing wrong with potatoes.

Demore is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for all the great advices I appreciate all off them I thought about it and came to the solution that I'll just go a more relaxed way of eating - like more diary/ sometimes rice or potatoes , if there's no other option etc. More over I try to stick closely as possible to the paleo lifestyle ( like try to avoid bread, coke and other proccessed foods). Furthermore it's interesting that I'm not the only one like you Turnstone and thanks for the tip with Gadsie. :-)

Turnstone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    Why do people lump potatoes together with bread and pasta. There's nothing wrong with potatoes.
    Yes, and no. Of course they are much better than bread and pasta. I frequently eat potaotes (from our garden), and enjoy them a lot. But I don't eat much of them. In Germany you usually don't eat meat and vegetables with potatoes, you eat potatoes with a little bit of meat and vegetables. Everyone has to decide if that's still OK, but I feel better with only one or two (depending on size).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12