Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Lane Sebring and a very angry (and irrelevant) dietitian page

Lewis is offline Senior Member

Dr. Lane Sebring and a very angry (and irrelevant) dietitian

Last edited by Lewis; 10-14-2012 at 08:44 AM.

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    I looked up her connection, she leans toward the vegan avengers...she is a wack job but that FOX station has a high regard for her insanity for some reason. She has a number of advice videos which they feature. More meat for me, thank you very much.
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

ATTAACK is offline Member
    "Atkins had a heart attack at age 60. Need I say more?" Holy crap! What a nutjob!

The more exposure this lady gets the better: she's only likely to harm her cause. The doc and the ladies doing the diet come across as calm and thoughtful, whereas she comes across as over-insistent if not actually emotionally unbalanced.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    I am not sure how she can claim it was created and is money driven. Other than a few books on Primal and Paleo and offshoot cookbooks most the resources and recipies are readily available for free. And other than Mark's Primal Fuel, the focus is on real food not food products.

I love how she focuses on the rapid weight loss means it is not healthy and totally ignores everyone saying how much better the feel - face-palm.

PS
    I must say the plates of food look amazing so full of colour.
    Last edited by Dirlot; 10-14-2012 at 11:00 AM.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Dr. Atkins had a cardio myopathy which can happen from a number of things. He died after slipping on ice and his cause of death was listed as "blunt impact injury of head with epidural hematoma". Source: How Did Atkins Die - Death Of Dr. Robert Atkins

Adele Davis died from some obscure cancer, but that doesn't mean we should all avoid organ meats. Me loves me liver.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post

I love how she focuses on the rapid weight loss means it is not healthy
    And that'll get her precisely nowhere, too. There are enough people who come even onto this site, which doesn't haven't a pure weight-loss focus and which warns against crash-diets and talks about body-composition rather than weight, and pretty much say that they'll eat anything and do anything however unhealthy to lose weight.

People listening to her rant are just going to think: "Oh, so you do lose weight on this diet. Even the person who doesn't like it says so."

I must say the plates of food look amazing so full of colour.
    Yes, and that made her look stupid, too. She was virtually howling that there was "too much meat" ... but where was this conspicuous over-consumption of it? Not on that table. Just some varied and interesting-looking dishes. If it was the two women we saw earlier preparing food who made those, they set up an artful and intelligent display.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    "Again, rice and beans are a staple for billions of very lean people in Asia, India, Africa..."

Yes, that's called "malnutrition". Its a staple because it's cheap and widely available, not because it's so freaking awesome.

"But the amount of meat that goes into the Paleo diet..." as the camera scans the plates containing mostly vegetables. Priceless!

And the whole "Atkins died from a heart attack" thing always pisses me off. Agree with him or not, at least get the facts straight. He slipped and fell, hitting his head.

I don't know what Dr Sebring was thinking, using all of that silly Data and Logic. He should have gone the more Expert route like the dietician, with her constant use of the word "billions" and her "Fact Check via What-My-Neighbor-Said".
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    She doesn't need to present facts, it's common sense after all...
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Westly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    "But the amount of meat that goes into the Paleo diet..." as the camera scans the plates containing mostly vegetables. Priceless!

So glad that I wasn't the only one who noticed this! We've got a few primarily vegetarian members around, don't we? Primal's do-able vegetarian style. (Though...um. Meat!!)

Dunno about you guys but I love me some veggies just as much as the meats. If I can cook it in meat juices, even better!!

This lady's just on her own weird agenda.
    Down from 275 to 250!
    Werewolf Primal Living Blog - http://lycanthropology.com
    Some fact, a lot of fiction! Keep track of my progress there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast