Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dr. Lane Sebring and a very angry (and irrelevant) dietitian page 2

Diogenes is offline Member
    Shop Now
    "Atkins himself had a heart attack in his 60's. Need I say more?"

No, you need not. Your thinking is so fundamentally flawed that there is no reason to take anything you say seriously.

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    "Atkins himself had a heart attack in his 60's. Need I say more?"

No, you need not. Your thinking is so fundamentally flawed that there is no reason to take anything you say seriously.
    You were nicer than me.

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Westly View Post
    "But the amount of meat that goes into the Paleo diet..." as the camera scans the plates containing mostly vegetables. Priceless!

So glad that I wasn't the only one who noticed this! We've got a few primarily vegetarian members around, don't we? Primal's do-able vegetarian style. (Though...um. Meat!!).
    To be fair to the maddened dietitian Cordain's macronutrient ratios do include a lot of protein, which is going to mean more meat on the plate that is normal for most people.

This high reliance on animal-based foods coupled with the relatively low carbohydrate content of wild plant foods produces universally characteristic macronutrient consumption ratios in which protein is elevated (19-35% of energy) at the expense of carbohydrates (22-40% of energy).
    Plant-animal subsistence ratios and macronutr... [Am J Clin Nutr. 2000] - PubMed - NCBI

Up to 35% of energy -- that's going some.

I don't suppose the dietitian has read the paper, but she's probably vaguely aware, and it is accurate enough.

But you don't have to eat like that, of course. With the sheer quantity of vegetables Dr. Terry Wahls is recommending, for example, you probably couldn't manage a Cordanian level of meat.

From the "public relations" point of view -- which is maybe the important one -- I think the cook who prepared those dishes did a very good job. A viewer looking at the screen isn't going to think, "That's more meat than I could manage."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12