Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Job VS Primal page

ikaika is offline Senior Member

Job VS Primal

Primal Fuel
    Anyone else out there have a job that conflicts with their eating beliefs...?

I love my job... but it certainly can. I work for a Large-Well-Known-Natural-Foods-Market, which allows for plenty of opportunities to eat primal at work (I mean, we have the awesomest salad bar around, a smokehouse, seafood ready to be steamed right there, and a plethora of oils, nuts, and seeds...), but part of my specific jobs involves demoing grocery foods. Cereals. Granolas. Cookies. Chips. Bloody cake frosting. On a spoon!

Usually, I try and tout things about the product that I'm asked to do, but...

Anyway, I'm supposed to try the stuff before handing it out-- and then hand it out for like four hours! Can you imagine? Cutting and passing out organic thin-mint cookie things for four hours? Just wondered if anyone else had any kind of odd conflict like this?

-写

Barefoot Paul is offline Senior Member
    It doesnt really effect my diet, but it effects those I work with. I work with mentally challenged adults and some of them are on strict diets. So often times I have to encourage a client to eat something that is totally not primal. No wonder they aren't losing the weight they are supposed to. lol.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Not so much my eating beliefs as my living beliefs. I'm a court runner / file clerk, which means I get to run files in between 4 floors of an office building using the stairs, and deliver documents around the downtown area including the court house, which is great, but with 3 clerks and me being the newest, I get to make the outside deliveries only once a week. The rest of the time I'm at a desk doing menial tasks. It's not horrible, but it's not what I want, either. This feeling of what a waste of my life and health it is to be a willing wage slave is really starting to disturb me.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    @Primalchild: Not to threadjack, but that's why I went back to graduate school. Ten years plus of wage slavery killed my appetite for doing anything other than what I'm called to do: teaching and research. Even though I'm not making anything like what a 39-year-old man normally makes in this society due to the fact that my work is going to grad school in order to train to be a professor, I'm happier than I ever was when I was trapped behind a desk making ten bucks an hour. Never Again.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalchild View Post
    This feeling of what a waste of my life and health it is to be a willing wage slave is really starting to disturb me.
    co-sign x 1000
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Bostonbully is offline Senior Member
    Not really conflicts but it is tuff when my job buys essentially unlimited pizza the Tuesday of every 6th week. I can litterally eat two whole pizzas and it pains me to watch others chow down while I eat a salad with chicken lol.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I'm so thankful for my job. The pay isn't much at all, but the other benefits seem to be making up for it. It's so laid back. The people are good. I can wear whatever I want, including VFFs without any problems. I'm "out of the broom closet" and nobody gives me a hard time for wearing my pentacle. They don't mind my piercings and tattoos. I can cook what I want for lunch on my electric griddle, which means healthy Primal lunches. I sit parts of the day, walk and stand parts of the day, and occasionally have to live heavy spools, so even the manner of my work is pretty Primal. Getting days off is easy too. I just wish I got paid more. *sigh*

Cynarin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonbully View Post
    Not really conflicts but it is tuff when my job buys essentially unlimited pizza the Tuesday of every 6th week. I can litterally eat two whole pizzas and it pains me to watch others chow down while I eat a salad with chicken lol.
    I know how you feel. Twice a month we have these awesome management/personal development meetings. There is always loads of pizza. I'm going with the "testing to see if I'm gluten intolerant" until further notice.

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    I've not heard the term 'wage slave' before but I guess that's what you can label me. But, I also enjoy owning my own home and being able to not stress about cost of living so for now, I'm ok with it. Would it be nice to go work at a vet tech? Sure. But my life would have to be drastically simplified.
    But that said, I do work shiftwork which currently has me coming in at 0500. Affecting my sleep. And I will rotate to a 12 hr overnight shift here pretty quickly. Which will affect my sleep. I've rearranged my desk so that I can stand most of the day...which allows for better brain use as well as work on a chronic foot injury. At home, I have 2 dogs that require work, a yard, a house to clean/repair/maintain, an SO and an 8 yr old kid all of who need physical and mental energy.
    So while my life isn't necessarily conducive to PB, I make it work the best I can for me.
    Now, excuse me while I lug a wheelbarrow full of topsoil around to the back.
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Griff, I understand you 100%. I'm miserable at my job as an executive assistant - I get to schedule meetings and order lunch, which is what I dreamed of doing when I was a little girl, yay!! :-P I'm planning on going back to do my PhD in my true calling - history. Sure I'll be broke (my current job doesn't pay that great either, but it's still considerably more than the annual graduate funding package) but I know I'll me a million times happier. Sometimes I feel "spoiled" or "greedy" for doing what I love instead of doing what I "should be doing" (a proper job) but you only live once and I'm not going to waste away my 20s putting up with a blood-sucking exec.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast