Thread: New Here and To Primal ;) So far Lost 150+ lbs and now need to lose about 20 more... page

fitfarmgirl is offline Junior Member

New Here and To Primal ;) So far Lost 150+ lbs and now need to lose about 20 more...

Shop Now
    Hi There

Learned about Primal on FB and decided it sounded interesting and to give it a try. I would love to lose another 20-25 lbs and get lean. I have lost just over 150 lbs so far using clean eating and P90X and would love to lose the rest.

I'm new to the book, and the site.. I was trying to find sample menu's ? Anyone know where I can find some ideas ?

Can't wait to read all the topics Exciting And get to hear everyone talking about Primal !

hayley3 is offline Member
    Wow fitfarmgirl - what an achievement! 150lbs is AMAZING! I bet you feel it too :-)

I'm new to this too and I understand that there will be a recipe book eventually but in the mean time I would say that browsing through this site you will come across lots of apatising and interesting ideas. You can go to the recipe section and use the search function if you know roughly what you're looking for i.e. coconut curry or whatever else it is. I have found that by reading other posts I discovered not only recipes but also learnt a lot too. I read the book cover to cover in a day or so and I found that as there are no hard and fast rules with regards to quantities/times etc it is a little daunting. If you're like me I feel I need the boundaries of a 'Plan' but, you will find that as you make the switch to PB and after the initial settling in period, you will learn to be inventive with the foods that you enjoy and some that you probably couldn't or wouldn't try before. As I said before, there are no hard and fast rules as to what to eat (except the rules about what food is PB and what is not) and when. If you want an example of mine, here it is:

B: Either IF (intermittent fasting) or an omelette that contains eggs, peppers, mushrooms, bacon, sausage - any combo really)
    L: Either IF or something like a BAS (Big @ss Salad), fish, chicken legs, coffee with cream - again the list is endless
    D: Coconut chicken curry with cauliflower rice and veg

Remember, you can eat non-typical foods for any meal of the day, you just need to work out what your body wants and when it wants it.

Good luck!

~Hayley
    There are none so blind as those determined not to see

darienx19 is offline Senior Member
    Hi fitfarmgirl, and welcome!

You might see a few topics in the forums about primal challenge journals. That's a good place to go for "sample menu's" as most people will do daily logs of food and exercise. Don't be surprised if you find a lot of IF's and just a list of foods with no quantities. The awesome thing about the blueprint is that the only thing you really have to monitor is grams of carbs if you are looking for weight loss. Otherwise, the goal is to tune into your body and learn the difference between when it tells you that you are hungry versus when you are bored/stressed/happy/sad/"it's that time."

If you have any questions you can't find answers to (try doing a search in both the archive and the forum, even though they use the same search box, they look thru different databases), don't hesitate to ask. We're a friendly lot : )

aboutsaffron is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! & yes, the journals are probably the best place to find menus. We eat anything & everything at all times of the day! Except when we aren't eating anything, of course.

For example, yesterday I had...
    B - chunk of uncured ham
    L - shrimp, roasted (in coconut oil) brussels sprouts
    D - 1/3 rotiserie chicken, roasted squash, 3 strawberries

The best way to start this life is to focus not on the foods you can't eat, but all the WONDERFUL foods that you can. As you cut back all your grains & carbs, just be sure to eat lots of fat. It'll keep you sated, give you tons of energy, & you'll feel just lovely.
    And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
    Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com