Thread: why do people report problems with truvia? page

Jamie Madrox is online now Senior Member

why do people report problems with truvia?

Shop Now
    If erythritol and stevia are both OK why do people seem to have such a problem with truvia that only uses those two as its ingredients? I don't use it myself but might in a pinch if I unwanted to but I've seen a lot people say its given them problems when they are otherwise OK with stevia and erythritol.

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Just a guess but, maybe something to do with how they are processing it? Or possibly theres another ingredient in there that there not required to list on the label?
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    It's not natural, regardless of what the manufacturer would like you to believe. It's processed the f--- from the natural stevia leaf. I don't have a problem with that, I use artificial sweeteners myself, but I just hate its claim to be sooooo good for you. Different people react differently to artificial sweeteners. That's my best guess. It's certainly no better than aspartame, ducts lose, etc, in my book. Your body knows it's not getting a healthy product and will react accordingly.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

stonefury is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I bought some accidentally thinking it was the same thing as stevia (a confusion they are obviously attempting to cultivate, another reason to avoid it). The ingredients list reads: Erythritol, rebiana, natural flavors. The nutrition facts read Total Carb: 3g, Erythritol: 3g. In other words, it's erythritol with a pinch of stevia (rebiana). Which isn't necesarily bad, except it's being marketed as a stevia sweetener (Truvia natural sweetener is born from the stevia leaf with zero calories. Each spoonful of sweetness begins with rebiana, the best-tasting part of the stevia leaf.")

Industrial production of erythritol is achieved by taking a source of carbohydrates (such as sugar beets, wheat or corn) and fermenting with a specific kind of yeast. In other words, most of what you're buying is probably coming from the same cheap inedible industrial corn used to make HFCS, processed in a different way.

Basically it's a bunch of bullshit.
    Last edited by stonefury; 10-14-2012 at 09:54 AM.