Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fruit page 2

emmie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yes, 'nature's candy.' As with some of the other posters, my body responds to fruit (which I love) much like any sugar--I get an insatiable desire to eat everything in sight--and more.

So I never buy fruit and eat it very, very rarely. I don't think of it as 'bad,' it's just bad for me.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    i eat berries once or twice per week, as an excuse to eat some grass-fed local cream. had a few peaches when they were local and in-season. that's about it. now most of it is just too sweet to me and i used to eat quite a lot.

i am not dead.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Neely is offline Member
    I absolutely adore fruit, I can't understand my anyone can dislike it. I love most fruit especially melon - cantaloupe and water melon (I've just finished a whole cantaloupe), raspberries, blue berries, strawberries, bananas (I eat at least two bananas a day mostly in the morning) and pomegranates. I also have an addiction to fruit smoothies which I am trying to curb but I'm finding it difficult.

homunculus is offline Member
    isn't fructose necessary for t3 conversion in the liver?
    “There is immeasurably more left inside than what comes out in words…”
    — Fyodor Dostoevsky

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by homunculus View Post
    This!

I adore fruit and eat it in moderation. Ok, moderation is kindof hard, so i just don't buy it all the time.
    Eating fruit makes me feel good overall and the fructose keeps my hair from falling off. Whenever i go back to vlc, the shedding resumes.
    I am very active and excercise a lot, so it doesn't seem to make me gain weight.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by homunculus View Post
    No, its not. Glucose fills your liver glycogen just fine. So get it endogenous or exogenous.

Timthetaco Guest
    Back in my ketogenic days I had pretty gnarly gums. I'd look at them the wrong way and they'd bleed. I was aspiring to scurvy. But eating a bunch of fruit gave me pretty gums again. It's not strictly necessary to eat if you can get away with it, but it's not something I'd want to live without. I prefer delicious higher calorie fruit to the always frustratingly boring low calorie, non-starchy vegetables.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12