Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bacon Shortage page

Scott F is offline Senior Member

Bacon Shortage

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

kenn is offline Senior Member
    5 stars!
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

MeatSleepRepeat is offline Senior Member
    My bomb shelter is full of bacon! I'm ready!

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Bacon has already gone up here so I'm focussing on pork roasts at the moment. With the current sale price of 0.99$ per pound, buying next month's pork will likely save me at least 100$. Which I will spend on bacon.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    There are Federal Anti-Hoarding laws.

The government forced it's population to ration during WWII, and it will do so again.

Just wait until the Federal government's price controls start kicking in. It always happens.

Politicians always have to appear as if they are coming to the rescue to save the people from the perils of the free-market. And they always make things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    There are Federal Anti-Hoarding laws.

The government forced it's population to ration during WWII, and it will do so again.

Just wait until the Federal government's price controls start kicking in. It always happens.

Politicians always have to appear as if they are coming to the rescue to save the people from the perils of the free-market. And they always make things worse.
    Canadian. The central government holds like no power here because people from Ontario (where it's based) are wimpy little bitches who can't hold the respect of the rest of the country.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Canadian. The central government holds like no power here because people from Ontario (where it's based) are wimpy little bitches who can't hold the respect of the rest of the country.
    Yeah, the US just slipped down to 18th place in the economic freedom list[1]. Canada is still holding its own.

I just hope Canada doesn't follow our lead, because I will need someplace close by to escape to when jet fuel is too expensive for 99% of Americans and the government is building walls to try and prevent the American prisoners from escaping starvation and slavery in the US.

[1] EconomicPolicyJournal.com: World Economic Freedom: U.S. Drops to 18th

Lots of room up here and I'd be happy to head to colder parts to make room for you guys. And I think I just lived up to every Canadian stereotype in one sentence.

Oh and again, no chance of the government getting more power. If they had any sort of competence they'd have cracked down on the Atlantic provinces years ago.

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Canadians to being hoarding Canadian bacon?
    Canadian bacon won't run out, but will cost more | CP24.com
    The threat of a shortage sparked a frenzy online, with many posting tongue-in-cheek messages of distress.
    "Who wants to start hoarding bacon with me?" one read.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast