Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I usually look down on Vegan and plant-based diets... page

amazingjay is offline Junior Member

I usually look down on Vegan and plant-based diets...

...well not in front of those who practice it. I kind of like frown in the back of my head. However, this powerflifter is making me look at it with a different perspective (and somewhat makes me confuse about my current regimen). Thoughts, anyone?

What_does_a_Vegan_look_like?
    Last edited by amazingjay; 10-13-2012 at 03:04 PM.
    Expecto Patronum!!!

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    if you put in the amount of work he does (physical and dietary), you'll look like him too
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

MeatSleepRepeat is offline Senior Member
    Interesting article. I'll stick with my steak.

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    amazing genetics? but dang. he's hot!

kmc
    kmc is offline Member
    There's nothing to say that you can't get in shape without eating animal products...

My main gripe with vegans is that they tend to assume they're healthier than everyone else just because they don't eat animal products... Then they go wolf down a tube of Oreo's and judge us lowly, unhealthy meat eaters.
    My Journal
    Fat Kid Turned Personal Trainer, Nutrition + Lifestyle Coach
    http://www.kentmccannfitness.com to contact me!
    Also on Twitter, FB, and Fitocracy!

Timthetaco Guest
    "Meeting my daily protein goal of 175 grams (or higher) helps to keep me lean and satisfied."

"For protein, I eat beans, tofu, nuts, tempeh, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, seitan, rice and pea protein powder, veggie analog meats usually with tofu and wheat protein, sometimes quinoa, and oats, and a variety of green veggies, like broccoli, spinach, kale, chard, and spirulina."

Anyone else wonder just how short of goal he falls without protein powder? A bodybuilder is a bodybuilder is a bodybuilder. A Crossfit style workout, hard training, a mostly whole foods diet with supplemental protein and good genetics makes it pretty easy for any otherwise healthy person to achieve that kind of body composition.
    Last edited by Timthetaco; 10-13-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, sufficient protein and calories with complex exercises. Nothing of note really. I agree with one of his favorite quotes though:

“Reject the anthropocentric falsehood that maintains the oppressive hierarchy of mankind over the animals. It’s time to set them free.” — Earth Crisis

Free range is delicious .

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    he's the only vegan i have ever seen who looks like that! he does admit to still having a sweet tooth and says men should not be afraid of soy. i do agree with some of the vegan ideas like eating lots of produce but once we get to grains and legumes i am gone. each to their own but i will stick with grass fed steak as well.
    Last edited by seaweed; 10-13-2012 at 04:24 PM.

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoPaleo View Post
    amazing genetics? but dang. he's hot!
    Amazing genetics, exercise and possibly amazing pre-vegan life/diet.

Nekron is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Why wouldnt he look like this? He obviously gets all he needs. I would never eat tons of soy and beans if i can just eat a steak (or at least a bunch of eggs for a vegetarian) and if an animal has to die for that so be it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast