Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aroy-D Coconut Milk (in the tetra paks) page

sandokan2112 is offline Member

Aroy-D Coconut Milk (in the tetra paks)

Primal Fuel
    2 Questions
    -Where does the Aroy-D coconut milk that you consume come from? from all the searches i've done it seems most people are getting the one that comes from Thailand. The Aroy-D milk i buy in the Toronto (Canada) area comes from Vietnam. Which i find strange b/c even after doing a web search they all show that their coconut milk comes from Thailand?

-also, the ingredients states that it only contains coconut extract and water. Yet, i notice that after its been sitting in the fridge, the water and cream dont separate. How is this possible? I've made coconut milk before and when left in fridge the water settles to the bottom and the cream at the top.
    You would think that if the product is not separating it would contain guar gum etc.

Aroy-d makes great tasting coconut milk, but something tells me that it contains some other additives other then just coconut extract and water.
    Last edited by sandokan2112; 10-13-2012 at 06:47 AM.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    I haven't seen that Aroy-D but I was just in Toronto for a week and weirdly found the same happened there with my usual Thai Kitchen coconut milk. I could not get it to separate, the label was Premium and the ingredients exactly the same as the one I use in Vancouver but it was all kind of homogenized. I bought 3 cans there from different places, all the same. I usually pour out half of the liquid to have more of a cream, but couldn't do it.

Sorry, but only a semi-related reply

Baichi is offline Junior Member
    Hi
    I found your post because I too am curious about Aroy-D. I have found this coconut milk in an asian store here in Sweden and I like it because it has only coconut 60% and water. I used to buy the cans and they separate even in my cupboard. Also, in the store when you shake it it feels stiff and no sound can be heard. Then the other day I bought the tetra pak and it doesn't separate. in the store, when I shake it it feels and sounds like a carton of milk. Strange. It's the same brand and the ingredients list is the same.

Baichi is offline Junior Member
    Hi
    I found your post because I too am curious about Aroy-D. I have found this coconut milk in an asian store here in Sweden and I like it because it has only coconut 60% and water. I used to buy the cans and they separate even in my cupboard. Also, in the store when you shake it it feels stiff and no sound can be heard. Then the other day I bought the tetra pak and it doesn't separate. in the store, when I shake it it feels and sounds like a carton of milk. Strange. It's the same brand and the ingredients list is the same.

westes is offline Senior Member
    I agree with the original poster of this thread that something is not as advertised with the AROY-D Coconut milk and cream products. They are perfectly homogenized and do not separate out milk from fat as all other coconut products do. They are either using some emulsifier that they do not list as an ingredient, or even worse they may be using some kind of homogenized transfat version of coconut fat.

Lyte is offline Senior Member
    Based on what other people are saying, you should definitely call the company if you can and demand an answer.

Good investigative work, you guys =P

Muppet is offline Senior Member
    My Aroy D in tetra packs separates!
    Home birthing legal mama. Unschooler. Jewish Intactivist (step away from the foreskin!). Full-term breastfeeder. Kettlebell padawan.

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Muppet View Post

Mine too. I've notice all manner of consistency with coconut milk, even within the same brand.

jasperb is offline Member
    Mine sometimes seperates too. What's this about trans fats??

westes is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
    It's a question of the amount of separation. When I make coconut milk myself, or when I buy it from any other company that sells pure coconut milk, 90% of it becomes a liquid, and there is about 10% fat that separates. With the Aroy D product the liquid is only about 40%. But then take a hand whipper and whisk it all together and refrigerate it. It STAYS homogenized for many days with no separation.

Aroy D is the only product that does this. Any other coconut milk will separate the next day, IF it is PURE coconut milk or cream. If it contains an emulsifier, then the fat doesn't separate.

And all of this is even worse with the Aroy D Coconut Cream product. That product has about 70% of it as a soft homogenized fat that has a creamy consistency. There is maybe 30% liquids, and again when you mix it together and refrigerate it stays homogenized. There is no coconut cream without emulsifier I have ever seen that does this.
    Last edited by westes; 12-20-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast