Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is eating 1 day expired bacon safe? page 2

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    DEAR GODDESS NO!!!

Back AWAY from the package! Call the Hazmat team!! Someone save this poor soul!! *looks around for help*

*while everyone is looking around, sneaks in and steals bacon* BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    DEAR GODDESS NO!!!

Back AWAY from the package! Call the Hazmat team!! Someone save this poor soul!! *looks around for help*

*while everyone is looking around, sneaks in and steals bacon* BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    +1

@Gadsie it is probably safe but only you can make that call if you are going to eat it or not.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

twa2w is online now Senior Member
    Food does not magicly turn bad on the expiry day. It slowly deteriorates from the day it was packaged/produced. Food regulations build in a cushion on the expiry date. If it has a long expiry date (like bacon)you are usually safe eating it for some time after the expiry date. If it has a short expiry date (say milk) you have less leeway after the expiry date. Remember these dates are based on optimal storage conditions so some foods can be bad before the expiry date - most of us have experienced milk gone off before the expiry date. Freezing can extent the life of foods obviously, so if you hit a bacon sale you can freeze and use well past the expiry date.
    Food poisoning tends to come more from contaminated fresh food like fruits vegetable and fresh meat.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    There's usually a 'best before' date.....but there's never a "bad after" date.....
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by twa2w View Post
    Food poisoning tends to come more from contaminated fresh food like fruits vegetable and fresh meat.
    listeria contamination can be a problem with cured meats.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12