Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

Thread: Half Marathon Routine

Hybrid View

Half Marathon Routine

Does anyone have a suggestion for a work out routine to run a half marathon doing primal?

And slso should I increase carbs (sweet potato, squash etc.)?

Don't forget white rice. Otherwise can't help with the distance running, not my cup of tea.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

I am not a runner and can't speak from experience, but can speak directly to your questions - I am signed up for my first half in November.

I don't plan on any change to my workouts (2-3X Crossfit, sometimes scaled, plus one 4 mile and one 7 mile run per week).

I can't imagine any need to increase carbs for a half marathon... It is a long run and a long distance to me, but really is not that far.

Good luck!

I am a half marathoner-sometimes I run 5 of them a month-in the fall and spring. I do not add any food for a regular race. I am still experimenting with food on a difficult trail race-which takes longer than a road half. I am currently using nuts and cranberries in a baggie on the trail.

I am taking a few weeks off of crossfit right now because I have several relays and it is just too much for me. But I usually crossfit 2-3 days and run, walk or hike 2-4 days. I do this 30-40 miles a week.