Thread: Half Marathon Routine page

zwschlei is offline Member

Half Marathon Routine

Primal Fuel
    Does anyone have a suggestion for a work out routine to run a half marathon doing primal?

And slso should I increase carbs (sweet potato, squash etc.)?

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Don't forget white rice. Otherwise can't help with the distance running, not my cup of tea.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

dogfuel is offline Member
    I am not a runner and can't speak from experience, but can speak directly to your questions - I am signed up for my first half in November.

I don't plan on any change to my workouts (2-3X Crossfit, sometimes scaled, plus one 4 mile and one 7 mile run per week).

I can't imagine any need to increase carbs for a half marathon... It is a long run and a long distance to me, but really is not that far.

Good luck!

relaygirl is offline Senior Member
    I am a half marathoner-sometimes I run 5 of them a month-in the fall and spring. I do not add any food for a regular race. I am still experimenting with food on a difficult trail race-which takes longer than a road half. I am currently using nuts and cranberries in a baggie on the trail.

I am taking a few weeks off of crossfit right now because I have several relays and it is just too much for me. But I usually crossfit 2-3 days and run, walk or hike 2-4 days. I do this 30-40 miles a week.