Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Beloved Applegate Hot Dogs Went Up 60%!! page

wilberfan is offline Senior Member

My Beloved Applegate Hot Dogs Went Up 60%!!

Primal Fuel
    Next week is my 2nd Paleo Anniversary, and my Applegate 100% Grass-Fed Hot Dogs have been faithful friends the whole time!

They were $4.99 when I started. Today I had to pay $7.99!!

Have they misplaced, like, 150,000 cows?! WTF, Applegate!

(Could this be drought related, or...??)
    Vegan from 1993 until Oct 16, 2010. "D'oh!!"

Grok is offline Senior Member
    I think it's Federal Reserve related.

If your government is forcing you to be paid with paper, then they don't have your best interests in mind.

Do not blame Applegate.

If prices could be cheaper, then new competition would come in. And if new competition can't come in, it is because of government regulations which make it too costly to start a business or hire an employee.

Marnee is offline Senior Member

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Must have been the worst drought in the past 100 years because meat prices are higher now than they have ever been.

Remember, supply and demand works with money too. You have a certain supply of money, and a certain demand for money. When money is in infinite supply, guess what happens to the demand.

Blanchy is offline Member
    I'm pretty sure it's actually one of the worst droughts in the last hundred years. Also, it's just goddamn hotdogs. Can we please have a conversation about hotdogs without some libertarian spew?

Wilberfan, I suspect it is the crippling drought affecting most of the western US, in addition to the use of corn for biofuel production.
    "Itís not about how strong you are, itís how well you can move with that strength."

kbn1 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanchy View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's actually one of the worst droughts in the last hundred years. Also, it's just goddamn hotdogs. Can we please have a conversation about hotdogs without some libertarian spew?

Wilberfan, I suspect it is the crippling drought affecting most of the western US, in addition to the use of corn for biofuel production.
    Thank you.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I noticed it with bacon a bunch of years ago. I mean I know I'm reeeeally old, but bacon used to be the shit meat you could buy for cheap. A few years ago it got expensive - prob'ly in reaction to "pork fat rules!"

Sorry about your hot dogs. Maybe you could learn to make your own? I grind small portions of meat in what may be the cheapest three-cup food processor on the planet, and I've seen some inexpensive sausage stuffers over at Amazon.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Oh, and the other reason, is I think the cows got their own union.

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    Try a different supermarket?

I got those hot dogs for free a few days ago. My Publix had them at 6.99 with a "new low price of 4.99" sticker next to it. Rang up at 6.99. Me pointing that out = free hot dogs. yay!

But seriously, for products like that, the supermarket prices can vary quite a bit. It all depends on whether the store manager thinks there's a market for it, and how "special" it is. My crap Winn-Dixie in my neighborhood prices Stonyfield yogurt at crazy high prices, then wonders why no one buys it. Except me, when it's on clearance for 1.50.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My local Stop and shop has them for 5.49 for 8, if I go to TJs or whole foods, a pack of six is 5.99 - 6.99! Better shop around...
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230.5
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast