Thread: My Doc is so CW! page

Artbuc is offline Senior Member

My Doc is so CW!

Shop Now
    Just talked with my Doc's office manager to find out how I would go about getting the LipoScience LDL-P test done. She told me my Doc considers this test to be experimental and not reliable. I was a little surprised because he almost died of a heart attack himself several years ago even though he was very fit (big time cyclist) and had very low LDL-C. He was taking statins prior to his attack because he believed and apparently still believes that risk of CVD is directly related to LDL-C. In his mind you can never get LDL-C too low.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Yep. My grandfather's doc put him on statins without even blinking, and now my grandfather is telling everyone in the family that we should ALL go on statins now, or die.

I shudder if I ever have to explain this diet to him.

Uzito is offline Junior Member
    Unfortunately the regular doctors are limited and just won't do any non-standard test simply because the insurance company may frown upon such things. Well, that's what happened to me when I tried to ask my physician to get NMR and a full thyroid panel done yesterday. He's no longer my physician.