Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Group - NYC Primals page

MmmFat is offline Senior Member

Cool New Group - NYC Primals

Primal Fuel
    I kept waiting for one to pop up, then decided today is the day I'll make one!

Please feel free to join and post any sort of NYC specific resources or questions ("Great sale on coconut milk at Trader Joe's," "I found a great primal-friendly restauarant in Midtown," etc.)

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by MmmFat; 04-06-2010 at 06:52 PM.

Suki is offline Senior Member
    "Great sale on coconut milk at Trader Joe's but the lines are always too damn long!"

I'm in!

TimActor is offline Junior Member
    Fantastic!

I'm not a New Yorker but I will be in New York for a few weeks from the end of April! Will be seeing Broadway shows most nights but would love to meet you guys if the chance arises :-)

Tim

MmmFat is offline Senior Member
    Hi Suki, nice to meet you! And you're right, the lines are definitely too long!

Tim, I'm new to this, but I'm sure we can come up with some great recommendations ~ who knows, maybe someday we can have a 'Primal Guide to the Big Apple'

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Oooh man those Trader Joe lines, LOL. I don't think Grok was a herd animal!

Fork is offline Junior Member
    Midtowner here, although I spend quite a lot of time stuffing my face at the Whole Foods in Union Square. I'm pretty sure that cranberry tuna salad is MOSTLY primal-friendly...

And, for the record, their new breakfast bar is CHEAP as far as a NYC breakfast goes. I think they use a little sugar in their bacon though. I usually wolf down a few pieces anyway. The scrambled eggs, however, are totally safe.

Also, the new five-fruit smoothie at Jamba Juice is FANTASTIC. It's making up for the fact that I miss their oatmeal somethin' fierce. Mmm. Graiiiins.

I'm new to the whole "actually organic" as opposed to "grocery store organic" so I'm still not sure I'm brave enough to go into the Farmer's Market. Sorry y'all. I'm not used to all this healthy eating. When I lived in Texas years ago it was another story. I cooked up a storm. Now that I'm a full-blown New Yorker I've transitioned to eating out for most of my meals.

@ Tim -- I see most everything that's playing these days so if you need advice on what shows are good just ask!
    Last edited by Fork; 04-06-2010 at 07:47 PM.

I'm a full blown New Yorker and I probably only eat out / order in once a month. Cheaper and better for you! I have a great butcher across the street from me and his nephew down the street is the neighborhood fishmonger. Whole Foods and Jamba Juice are for Texans and Californians - real New Yorkers shop at Fairway.

Hey Suki,

Not wanting to seem stalker-ish here, but would you mind giving me the address of your butcher? Is he in Manhattan or in the other boroughs?

Cheers,
    Tim

Jeffrey's in Manhattan
    The Meat Hook in Brooklyn - Williamsburg - right over the bridge.

Williamsburg has quite a few Primal friendly joints. I highly recommend Fette Sau and you have to stop in at Marlow and Daughters if you get a chance.

As for Manhattan, there are a ton of buffet-style Brazilian joints that are a carnivore's dream. I'll look up some addresses.

Thanks so much! That's all great :-D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast