Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Staples that have really helped you page

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member

Staples that have really helped you

Shop Now
    Was thinking about this the other day and thought it would make an interesting thread.

what are your staple foods that help you to eat primally?

My big two are:

Cauliflower (rice/couscous and mash)
    Zuchinni Spaghetti

Any other staples?
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Ground.

Meats.

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Two deep freezers full of a whole cow and a whole pig and lots of frozen vegetables for the winter.

edit: Oops, almost forgot my 35 laying hens for the fresh eggs every day!
    Last edited by AuroraB; 10-12-2012 at 08:38 AM.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    It sounds like you feel the need to REPLACE SAD food via making real food approaching pastas or rice.
    Sounds a bit wrong to me... Why don't you just chop the damn vegetables and steam, fry or eat them raw ?
    I sincerely don't get it at all. Even if from time to time some zucchini spaghetti is great with home made tomato sauce.

I have many staples btw, the vegetables I tend to eat the most are cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, red cabbage, cauliflower, kale...), zucchinis, asparagus, eggplant...
    For the rest, all kinds of meats, mainly beef (flank steak with added fat, fatty cuts, liver, heart...), and eggs, coconut products (coconut oil and shredded coconut), fish and seafood in general...
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    broccoli, sardines, eggs and beef. i feel like that describes my food for probably a third of my days. sounds a little boring like that, but it ends up tasting so damn good.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Broccoli, peppers, eggs, meat, butter, romaine lettuce

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Onions, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, brussels sprouts, spinach, chicken breast, ground meats, sweet potatoes, apples and bananas.

These are my routine purchases right now, and I cook fresh each meal.

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    It sounds like you feel the need to REPLACE SAD food via making real food approaching pastas or rice.
    Sounds a bit wrong to me... Why don't you just chop the damn vegetables and steam, fry or eat them raw ?
    I sincerely don't get it at all. Even if from time to time some zucchini spaghetti is great with home made tomato sauce.

I have many staples btw, the vegetables I tend to eat the most are cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, red cabbage, cauliflower, kale...), zucchinis, asparagus, eggplant...
    For the rest, all kinds of meats, mainly beef (flank steak with added fat, fatty cuts, liver, heart...), and eggs, coconut products (coconut oil and shredded coconut), fish and seafood in general...

I eat all the different vegetables that you mention and more. I just like using Spaghetti and Rice/mash sometimes to accompany dishes that go well with them (e.g. meatballs, curry etc..)
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Grass fed ground beef. Love it. I buy 4-5 pounds at a time, divide it up into patties when I get home, put the patties in ziploc bags, and freeze. Easiest go-to meal ever if I'm feeling lazy or forget to defrost something early in the day.

Eggs - the best quality I can find.

Wild salmon - online source for 2/3 the price of local. Hot as a meal; cold as a snack; leftovers on top of a salad. No more nasty canned tuna for me.

Frozen veggies - nothing goes bad and WF does sell some organics this way. Also frozen organic berries.

Onions, lemons, tomato, and avocado.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Ok all good then hehe, there's nothing wrong with cauliflower rice (tastes GREAT with different spices and pan fried ), but sometimes on this forum people try to "replace" things and I think it's part of their failure and is a misconception of the philosophy of the Primal WOE.

Just wanted to add :
    Raw ground beef eaten as a "Tartare"
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast