Thread: Hello all you cavemen! page

Daan is offline Junior Member

Hello all you cavemen!

Shop Now
    After lurking for a few days I decided I might as well register and contribute every once in a while.

I'm not a Grokkie (yet), just someone with maybe a slightly obsessive interest towards the food he's eating. So how did that come to be?

About a year ago a friend of mine introduced me to Tim Ferris' book "the 4 hour body" after I made a mention of feeling a lack of energy. Having tried it, it made me feel better but I would still hop on and off the train and eventually not going public transport anymore at all. Until I saw one of my swedish friends again after almost a year. He dropped at least 30kg in the time we didn't see each other. His diet? LCHF, the super popular swedish version of lo carb hi fat. Tried it for a bit, was awesome, went on a holiday to France, ate (traditional 200 year old sourdough) bread almost every day until I had such bloating and reflux issues (for up to a week after!) that I could hardly enjoy my last days down there. So no grains for me anymore!

So basically I'm here to see if I can find anything that will aid me in my own personal search to what way of eating works best for me. I'm not overweight, have a bit of fat that I could do without, but generally I'm quite happy with the way my body looks. Energy-wise it's been a lot better, but maybe that's got something to do with the fall that's on it's way right now.

For the rest: I'm 24, living in the Netherlands, love cooking and crazy lifestyle experiments. Bring it on!

PrimalCon New York
    Well hello from an average caveman!
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.