Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eating with hands page

MeatSleepRepeat is offline Senior Member

Eating with hands

Shop Now
    I was having roasted chicken, zucchini, and pork chops the other night. I had my knife and fork and started to chow down, but it felt weird so I started eating with my hands. It just felt right.

Does anybody else do this?

PS - not sure I'm going to start cooking with my hands... safety first

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    I do sometimes. I always pick up the bone on a steak or porkchop to gnaw on it. Sometimes I eat salad with my hands too. Never eggs or soft squash though. A spoon makes those easier.

NowhereMan is offline Senior Member
    Yes, often. Basically whenever I'm not in public or in a formal setting. Definitely no reservations around friends. It just feels right. At home I usually keep cooked meat in the fridge at home wrapped in foil. When I'm hungry, I just hold it by the foil and munch on the other side.

mph
    mph is offline Junior Member
    Love eating with my fingers and hand, always did. Now have an excuse being primal, the women in my life always had an opinion. Some would like and say hot things and others would say WTF is wrong with you, eat with your fork and knife that's what its there for!!!!
    Very funny topic to see this morning!

Azure is offline Junior Member
    No. I'm a big fan of using silverware.

MeatSleepRepeat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    Love eating with my fingers and hand, always did. Now have an excuse being primal, the women in my life always had an opinion. Some would like and say hot things and others would say WTF is wrong with you, eat with your fork and knife that's what its there for!!!!
    Very funny topic to see this morning!
    Hahahaha. I haven't eaten this way in front of people yet, but it's going to happen sooner than later.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Go to India. Everybody eats with their hands there. And for some reason, rather than easy-to-eat foods all their food is runny and messy. I eat with my hands all the time, especially when meat is still on the bone. But I'll usually eat the other things with a fork.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Go to India. Everybody eats with their hands there. And for some reason, rather than easy-to-eat foods all their food is runny and messy.
    I can vouch for this. I had some Indian roommates in college. They sometimes ate rice and dal (lentils) with their hands. They made some delicious dal too. I haven't had any in years, but if I was going to eat something not Primal, that might make the list.

Euphoric is offline Senior Member
    Depends on how messy it is. If I end up with more on me than in me, there's a problem.
    Then it depends on how hot or cold it is.

Other than that, it just depends. There's something innately satisfying about eating with one's hands when it's not an unacceptable situation.

phigment is offline Senior Member
    As long as it's not sticky. I can't abide sticky. I don't even eat bbq'd ribs because their sticky. There must be something wrong w me. Lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast